By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Infamous is going to be huge (youtube views!)

binary solo said:
JoeTheBro said:
binary solo said:

If Youtubes has predictive value for sales then there's got to be correlation data across a large number of games, which includes Titanfall. You can't just take KZ views and then extrapolate directly to inFamous.

There probably is a predictive model that could be created that links pre-launch youtube views and intial sales. But there are probably so many variables and complexities that it would be too difficult to costruct the model. Lots of Youtube views probably means good sales. But that's about as accurate as you can be.

Yes there are many many variables, hence I eliminated almost all of them.

Killzone and Infamous.

Both PS4 exclusives. Both primarily featured on the same youtube channel. Both have videos promoted by Sony as ads.

A 2 game data set, even controlling for most variables, is not enough to establish a good predictive model.

It's not. Best we can know is Infamous will probably sell better than Killzone, but even that would be huge for infamous.

In the op however I just made assumption after assumption in order to get that 4 million figure.

Around the Network

Sony and PlayStation have a much larger presence on youtube than Microsoft or Xbox. PlayStation is the 2nd biggest brand on youtube after redbull, so the numbers are always going to favor them (overall).

sales2099 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
sales2099 said:

Sounds like you fully support them for selling out rather then sticking to their guns. KZ 2 and 3 don't sell like COD or Halo, but still sold enough to be self sustainable.

Not every company just buys companies because they like their games. Some companies make their games from scratch and have to learn to bend to the market. 

Think about it. 

;)

Ya, sounds like 343 since they were made from scratch. Even with kill streaks and ordanance drops, they still kept the core experience. GG just has a identity crisis and has their work cut out for them

No...the game was not made from scratch. Its a tweaked reach engine to improve the lighting system. All the work was done by bungie and the was not created by them while under Microsoft in the beginning. It was actually under Apple. :)

S.T.A.G.E. said:
sales2099 said:

Ya, sounds like 343 since they were made from scratch. Even with kill streaks and ordanance drops, they still kept the core experience. GG just has a identity crisis and has their work cut out for them

No...the game was not made from scratch. Its a tweaked reach engine to improve the lighting system. All the work was done by bungie and the was not created by them while under Microsoft in the beginning. It was actually under Apple. :)

Was actually referring to 343 being made from the ground up. They started small, merely managing Halo waypoint. Then made Halo CEA to get used to the hardware, etc. Made up of ex Bungie staff as well as hirings from various studios.

And as for Apple, you gotta start from somewhere.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

i predict 5 million maybe even more in the long run

Around the Network

lol no way infamous is getting to 4m.
KZ:SF has been bundled since launch and its just over 2m.

waltz said:
i predict 5 million maybe even more in the long run

I think so.  It will have legs.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

ISS will be big fo sure.

Why are you limiting yourself to YouTube views? You might as well count how many people have mentioned Infamous at all, that will give you an even more accurate number.

I'm expecting everyone that owns a PS4 to go out and buy it, as well as everyone who is going to buy the PS4 this year. Then you can also add in the people who liked it so much they bought two. I could see it doing 20 Million-ish.

NintendoPie said:
Why are you limiting yourself to YouTube views? You might as well count how many people have mentioned Infamous at all, that will give you an even more accurate number.

I'm expecting everyone that owns a PS4 to go out and buy it, as well as everyone who is going to buy the PS4 this year. Then you can also add in the people who liked it so much they bought two. I could see it doing 20 Million-ish.

Sounds reasonable.