By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Infamous is going to be huge (youtube views!)

fleischr said:
JoeTheBro said:

TLDR: Youtube says Infamous will sell about 4 million before the holidays even begin.

Under your premise, X on Wii U would sell at least 1 million over a similar amount of time. Love the look of that game, but it probably won't get that far.

Internet !== reality

No, it wouldn't under my premise. The TLDR is to give the jist of my post, not tell you everything you need to know. I specifically mentioned that comparing viewcounts to other games such as Titanfall or in your case X is pointless. Comparing Infamous and Killzone only works because they are on the same youtube channel, both PS4 exclusives, announced at the same time, and have received similar youtube ads from Sony on some of their videos.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
sales2099 said:

Sounds like you fully support them for selling out rather then sticking to their guns. KZ 2 and 3 don't sell like COD or Halo, but still sold enough to be self sustainable.

Not every company just buys companies because they like their games. Some companies make their games from scratch and have to learn to bend to the market. 

Think about it. 

;)

Ya, sounds like 343 since they were made from scratch. Even with kill streaks and ordanance drops, they still kept the core experience. GG just has a identity crisis and has their work cut out for them

This is the 1st time I have ever agreed with you. GG forgot what made Killzone, Killzone.

VitroBahllee said:

EDIT: What does it say about peoples' appreciation for Killzone: Shiney Borefest that people are still calling this game the 'first big exclusive on the PS4.' Anyway, onto the post:

I find it pretty funny how people think this game is going to do super well. It'll sell decently because it's the first big exclusive for the PS4, but I think it won't do as well as it ought to do, considering that that is the case.

I think that ultimately it's sales will be DISAPPOINTING for being the first big exclusive on the PS4, and that people will easily be able to argue that much of its sales are only BECAUSE it's the first big exclusive on the PS4 - that's just my opinion, but I believe I will be proven right.

Seriously, I would rather not be a glowing purple 'neon' superhero. But that's just me. (Also, I think, most other people.)

Infamous will be amazing, Infamous 2 is one of the best open world action games ever

Can you provide links to all those youtube videos please. It makes sense to actually reference the material you are citing as proof of your point.

The PS5 Exists. 

rolltide101x said:
VitroBahllee said:

EDIT: What does it say about peoples' appreciation for Killzone: Shiney Borefest that people are still calling this game the 'first big exclusive on the PS4.' Anyway, onto the post:

I find it pretty funny how people think this game is going to do super well. It'll sell decently because it's the first big exclusive for the PS4, but I think it won't do as well as it ought to do, considering that that is the case.

I think that ultimately it's sales will be DISAPPOINTING for being the first big exclusive on the PS4, and that people will easily be able to argue that much of its sales are only BECAUSE it's the first big exclusive on the PS4 - that's just my opinion, but I believe I will be proven right.

Seriously, I would rather not be a glowing purple 'neon' superhero. But that's just me. (Also, I think, most other people.)

Infamous will be amazing, Infamous 2 is one of the best open world action games ever

I'm sure people will like it. I just don't think it will sell particularly well for being a major exclusive with little competition on the number one console.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Can you provide links to all those youtube videos please. It makes sense to actually reference the material you are citing as proof of your point.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PlayStation/videos?view=0&sort=p&flow=grid

JoeTheBro said:
GribbleGrunger said:

What's the point in that link? Searching for Infamous videos brings up dozens of videos and you are citing specific videos. Is it too much to ask that you provide proof of what you are saying?

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
JoeTheBro said:
GribbleGrunger said:

What's the point in that link? Searching for Infamous videos brings up dozens of videos and you are citing specific videos. Is it too much to ask that you provide proof of what you are saying?

That's the source. It shows all of PlayStation's top viewed videos. When you hit the bottom, just press "load more."

I went down the list for each game adding in every video I noticed.

JoeTheBro said:
GribbleGrunger said:
JoeTheBro said:
GribbleGrunger said:

That's the source. It shows all of PlayStation's top viewed videos. When you hit the bottom, just press "load more."

I went down the list for each game adding in every video I noticed.

Jesus, I'm really sorry about the way that post comes over. I just read it back and I sound like an ASS. Cheers.

The PS5 Exists. 

JoeTheBro said:
binary solo said:

If Youtubes has predictive value for sales then there's got to be correlation data across a large number of games, which includes Titanfall. You can't just take KZ views and then extrapolate directly to inFamous.

There probably is a predictive model that could be created that links pre-launch youtube views and intial sales. But there are probably so many variables and complexities that it would be too difficult to costruct the model. Lots of Youtube views probably means good sales. But that's about as accurate as you can be.

Yes there are many many variables, hence I eliminated almost all of them.

Killzone and Infamous.

Both PS4 exclusives. Both primarily featured on the same youtube channel. Both have videos promoted by Sony as ads.

A 2 game data set, even controlling for most variables, is not enough to establish a good predictive model.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix