By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will Xbox One overtake PS4 lifetime consoles Sales in North America?

no chance in hell

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network

I would still say yes, given the strong advertising power of MS in NA but the race will definitely be close, there won't be a redo of the PS2 or 360 type domination in that region this gen. It will be neck & neck and would probably be the only region where the console race will be exciting.

chapset said:
Doesn't matter, worldwide is where it's at

North America remains the biggest gaming segment. Sony's lost it's Dominance In NA to Microsoft  last gen this is the market were Sony would really like to establish it's dominance. (Europe, Japan and the world were a given for Sony)  Microsoft Xbox One will surpass Nintendo's WiiU sales this month and could still establish itself as the most popular console in NA despite all the mistake it's commited so far this generation.

it's very unlikely at this current state but with equal pricepoint combined with titanfall type of games, it definitely have a chance in US, just look at Wii vs Xbox 360. The rest of the world, very unlikely.

FYI X1 is overtracked in NA. So...

Around the Network

I wouldn't put my money on it if i was a betting man.

why not,the 360 beat up the PS3 in the usa,so shouldn't be too difficult

Above & Beyond

no one every expected ps4 to beat xbo in NA so no matter what its a win for ps4 fo bein so close

4k1x3r said:
FYI X1 is overtracked in NA. So...

How come every time it's any consoles other then Sony's the numbers are always overtracked. Funny coincidence.

I feel like the PS4 has more early hardcore adopters than the X1, worldwide-wise anyways. Microsoft has PLENTY of room to boost their sales, especially since PS4's price is just barely enough for Sony to make money off of. PS4 can't do price drops or they'll be selling at a loss. The X1 can sell at $249-299 if they ever plan to make a Kinect-less bundle, or they can do more price cuts on their current SKU. Even then, if Microsoft sells their consoles at a loss price, they are already making a fortune off of XBLive.. which they have room for improving that as well.