By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - who is a part of the pc master race?

im in! 38 92.68%

Total:38

I am

Around the Network
Conina said:
Who is the master of stupid polls and clickbait theads? Perhaps the OT of this thread?

Yeah.

Kinda, I mean, I'm currently on a weak notebook since my desktop broke a few months ago(and it wasn't anything special either, I had a GTS 450 GPU), but I do most of my gaming on PC.

Im not a part of that obsessive nerd group thank goodness.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Not me, that's for sure. PC gaming is not as fun or engaging as console gaming.

Around the Network
Somini said:

How so? Consoles and PC's share most of their library.

Trunkin said:
Somini said:

That´s not why i don´t like PC´s. It´s the whole experience. The parts you have to keep updated, the higher price and no couch gaming is not comfortable. It´s a hassle.

since 1999

Somini said:
Trunkin said:
Somini said:

That´s not why i don´t like PC´s. It´s the whole experience. The parts you have to keep updated, the higher price and no couch gaming is not comfortable. It´s a hassle.

Games on Steam or Origin get auto-updated in the background, no actions of the user required.

You only have to set the installation folder once and will never be asked again when you install additional games.

Windows remind you when an update is available, you click okay and are done with it in a minute.

The graphic card drivers remind you when an update is available, you click okay and are done with it in a minute.

GeForce Experience can optimize your game settings (if you don't want to tweak them yourself)... with more userdata, this process gets better and better.

It was never so easy to have an always up-to-date PC-system than now.

Somini said:
Trunkin said:
Somini said:

Honestly, you don't "have" to keep any parts updated. If your hardware is good enough, you could keep the same hardware for pretty much an entire console cycle, but people just generally don't. I'm pretty surprised how many people are just now upgrading from their Nvidia 8800's(7yr old card), though. I'm also kinda surprised that the card still runs most games at least as well, if not better, than the consoles do.

True on the price, but if you're in the market for a new PC anyway, like I was, it's a lot cheaper to buy a gaming PC than, say, a weak laptop + a PS4. The games are also cheaper, so there's a plus.

I prefer gaming on a monitor, myself, but fair enough. It's hard to argue with the comfort of sitting back with a controller in your hand enjoying a game. That said, my bro doesn't even own a monitor. He does all his PC gaming on a Plasma TV, so the option is definitely there if you want it.