By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - who is a part of the pc master race?

im in! 38 92.68%

Total:38
Solid-Stark said:

I was once told that one is not simply part of the master race just because one games on pc. There is an on going civil war among the master race over whom exactly is worthy of the master race, if that makes sense. There are many political groups, but the absolute elitists claim you are part of the master race only if you game on a high end card; of course it gets further complicated as the posts can be moved to accommodate only those with the very best card in class, and further, sli/crossfire set ups.

This is partially accurate, but I'll refine it for you...

The PC master race is broken into tiers, and the tiers are based on the benchmark results using popular/standard benchmarks like 3DMark/Furmark/Heaven, etc WITH COMPONENTS OVERCLOCKED TO THEIR ABSOLUTE STABLE MAX CLOCKS.  If it's not stable under stress testing, you're out!  Basically, it's a mix of components (like you said), and how far you can push them within your consumer tier of components (midrange, high-end, enthusiast, etc.)...

*takes off nerd hat*

Ya know, it's more fun than it sounds, lmao

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
Around the Network
ZyroXZ2 said:
Solid-Stark said:

I was once told that one is not simply part of the master race just because one games on pc. There is an on going civil war among the master race over whom exactly is worthy of the master race, if that makes sense. There are many political groups, but the absolute elitists claim you are part of the master race only if you game on a high end card; of course it gets further complicated as the posts can be moved to accommodate only those with the very best card in class, and further, sli/crossfire set ups.

The PC master race is broken into tiers, and the tiers are based on the benchmark results using popular/standard benchmarks like 3DMark/Furmark/Heaven, etc WITH COMPONENTS OVERCLOCKED TO THEIR ABSOLUTE STABLE MAX CLOCKS.  If it's not stable under stress testing, you're out!  Basically, it's a mix of components (like you said), and how far you can push them within your consumer tier of components (midrange, high-end, enthusiast, etc.)...

*takes off nerd hat*

I like yours better.

With that said, I'm a pc master race peasant. Or maybe lower-middle class.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Solid-Stark said:
ZyroXZ2 said:
Solid-Stark said:

*takes off nerd hat*

I like yours better.

Nothing to be ashamed of, PC gamers don't mock or laugh at other PC gamers using lower end components, it's more of a battle when it's between high-end and enthusiast rigs, lol...

In fact, any PC gamers in the upper end of consumer components often make recommendations for good cost-to-performance parts to people in the lower end or midrange spectrum so they can enjoy PC gaming a little more

^^/
ZyroXZ2 said:
Solid-Stark said:

I like yours better.

Nothing to be ashamed of, PC gamers don't mock or laugh at other PC gamers using lower end components, it's more of a battle when it's between high-end and enthusiast rigs, lol...

In fact, any PC gamers in the upper end of consumer components often make recommendations for good cost-to-performance parts to people in the lower end or midrange spectrum so they can enjoy PC gaming a little more

This is so true. lol, high end rig debates can get intense. That being said we don't look down on people with weak Rigs at all. In fact we usually recommend cheap alternatives to beef up their rig without dropping a fortune if they don't want to.

I'll put this to end. There is no such thing as ''PC master race''. I've being gaming on PC since 2002 with MOH:AA and CS 1.6. And never in my life I've seen actually PC enthusiasts/game hackers/modders calling themselves a master race. We all owned a console back then!

This so called PC master race started with a bunch of kids wanted to feel superior and mock to other non PC gamers, wich is stupid and quite immature.

And there are alot of sub 'master races' below this one. One war is the GeForce users vs AMD users, going on forever.

Around the Network
Pibituh said:
I'll put this to end. There is no such thing as ''PC master race''. I've being gaming on PC since 2002 with MOH:AA and CS 1.6. And never in my life I've seen actually PC enthusiasts/game hackers/modders calling themselves a master race. We all owned a console back then!

This so called PC master race started with a bunch of kids wanted to feel superior and mock to other non PC gamers, wich is stupid and quite immature.

And there are alot of sub 'master races' below this one. One war is the GeForce users vs AMD users, going on forever.

Hmmm, not sure if you were out of the loop or not, but PC gamers never started the "master race" statement, console gamers did.  They used it as a statement to mock us as elitists and bigots, we just rolled with it and started making it into a sort of sarcastic joke.  I'm not sure what PC gamers you've been around, but none of us actually call ourselves that, lmao

^^/
ZyroXZ2 said:
Pibituh said:

Hmmm, not sure if you were out of the loop or not, but PC gamers never started the "master race" statement, console gamers did.  They used it as a statement to mock us as elitists and bigots, we just rolled with it and started making it into a sort of sarcastic joke.  I'm not sure what PC gamers you've been around, but none of us actually call ourselves that, lmao

That's exactly my point. And, you can't deny the fights that there are beetwen Geforce users and AMD users tho.

Well, I've did a 3 years hiatus on my gaming. So, I guess I missed alot of stuff  --''

Pibituh said:
ZyroXZ2 said:
Pibituh said:

That's exactly my point. And, you can't deny the fights that there are beetwen Geforce users and AMD users tho.

Well, I've did a 3 years hiatus on my gaming. So, I guess I missed alot of stuff  --''

Because kids playing on the PC started calling and bashing Console players as peasants. So, that term began with a bunch of kids trying to feel superior in a way onto others. Basically, I reject that term. Even if I want to be sarcastic towards someone, I'll never say I'm into a ''X master race'' ~

Pibituh said:
ZyroXZ2 said:
Pibituh said:

The fights between NVIDIA and AMD users is mostly fizzled out.  By now, the maturation of PC gaming has allowed most PC gamers who spend a little time doing their homework to know which brand to buy and for what purpose (in other words, which one has the strengths they're looking for to do what they want with their rig).  To be honest, PC gaming has toned down so much that I still PC game, but don't even join in the discussions much anymore, if at all

The only remaining fight between NVIDIA and AMD users is value-per-dollar.  There's no denying NVIDIA continues to remain the reigning champion in all-out graphical power, but the cost can be so outrageous that AMD users laugh at us, but then we just call them peasants, and the cycle continues, lol

^^/