By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - If you have questions about Russia - come here! (Poll added!)

Di you like Russia?

Yes, I love it! 218 35.68%

No, I hate it. 144 23.57%

Russia is strange... 130 21.28%

Don't know yet, curious ... 67 10.97%

Don't know and don't care. 45 7.36%

Total:604
Keegs79 said:
Putin said:
umm, Ukranian forces have Russian's weapons as well, what else?

Really? That is your excuse? You think they have Russian tanks and artillery "outside" their own borders? Really? Besides, they were Russian soldiers because Putin made a "second" withdrawl and then they were removed.

What episode of this Ukrainian melodrama are we talking about now?

Around the Network

Guys, please return to Ukraine thread with this ((

Keegs79 said:
Putin said:
umm, Ukranian forces have Russian's weapons as well, what else?

Really? That is your excuse? You think they have Russian tanks and artillery "outside" their own borders? Really? Besides, they were Russian soldiers because Putin made a "second" withdrawl and then they were removed.

I honestly have no idea what are you talking about. You said about "russian" hardware, I said ukraine have that too, so technicaly they stole it from them. It's logical and what always happens in situation like this.

Sharu said:

Wow, wow, calm down... 
First, I didn't call it occupation. To be honest, I'm not an expert in those things and I'm not care much not about Poland, not about Czechoslovakia (exept for their hockey team was much stronger when they was an united country.)
Second, Ukraine IS falling apart, and you have to be blind to not see it. 
Third, hard times ahead for everybody. I have a feeling that Europe map will see a lot of changes next 10-20 years ...
Fourth. Have respect to other people. I didn't speak anything bad about Poland or about Polish people. And I can't understand why is it so important for you to attack everything Russian. It seems like some very personal psychological problems. But please, don't bring it to the game forums, discuss it with your doctor.

@Bold - no you didn't, but Mai did and is still sticking to his bullshit.

The only reason why Ukraine is falling apart is Putin's policy. European map is absurd - it's a totally different matter. The thing that Europeans have grown to understand is that it's not worth fighting or killing for. Unfortunately, you guys still don't get it. I mean, just look at Western Ukraine. The fact that it's not in Poland is absurd, that area is more Polish than a third of current territory of Poland. Lwów (currently in Ukraine) is historically the second most important Polish city (second only to Cracow) - this is an undeniable fact. The only reason it's not in Poland is cause Stalin said so. In this wonderful city everyone still speaks Polish, there are Polish signs everywhere, monuments to Polish heroes, poets. Still, we're not trying to take it back. And that's the difference.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

mai said:
Scisca said:

What Polish occupation of Czechoslovakia? No such thing has ever happened, you really are making up stuff and should stop doing it.

I thought we have been through this? Oh, well... not to provoke discussion, just stating facts for those, who're interested, not you specifically.

(some nice photos)

Bigger fish ate smaller fish.

We will never be through this if you keep repeating your bullshit. It's typical you ignore half the facts just to make this look the way you want it to look. Typical Russian propaganda. If you totally ignore the origin of the conflict, the reason why we did what we did - you'd be right. But being so blind only makes you and your statement ignorant and absolutely false.

Here are the facts you choose to ignore, but change the whole look of what has happened:

1918 - the area belongs to Poland. Really, read this carefully IT BELONGS TO POLAND.

The population was 75-80% Polish.

In late 1918 Poland and Czechoslovakia agreed to divide the area ethnically, so that both countries would get a part of the area (obviously, the majority would be Polish).

On the 23 of January 1919 Czechoslovakians took advantage of the fact that we had to deal with a conflict in Ukraine and sent 16.000 troops, an armoured train and heavy artilery to conquer the area. Polish army was only 3.000 troops strong, so they had the upper hand, still they went as far as to execute captured Polish soldiers. Due to the pressure from the Tripple Entente, they've stopped their offensive on 30th of January and negotiated a new border, which gave more area to Czechoslovakia. After more pressure from the West, the Czechoslovakians agreed to hold a referendum in the area as to which country do people want to belong to - which never took place, as they again took advantage of the Russian invasion in 1920 and took the rest of the region thinking we would lose the war to Russia. They thought we'd lose just because we were outnumber a couple of times... Sheesh... ;)

So this is the origin of the conflict. The Czechoslovakians acted like assholes, they invaded the area which belonged to Poland and was populated by Polish people. They were the ones who were occupying this region for almost 20 years. What happened in 1938? This time aroung we took advantage of their problems. But note one thing - what we did, was done peacefully, see your photos - we didn't fight or kill people, while Czechoslovakians killed the majority of our units and executed the POWs. They have brutally invaded and conquered the area against the will of the people living in the area. On the other hand - we moved in and were treated like heroes for returning the area where it should belong. Moreover, all we took was what they took away from us. We didn't take a single piece of land that wasn't ours before their invasion. We took back what they stole from us. I bet it doesn't look the way you'd like it to look, but that's the truth.

Now - if you keep repeating your bullshit, totally ignoring the origin of the conflict, just looking at the final outcome totally ingoring half the facts and what caused all these events - we will never get through this. But only because of your ignorance.

This wasn't "occupation of Czechoslovakia" (do you even know what these words mean, for Christ's sake!?). It's not the big fish eating the smaller fish either. The only way we can sum it up is - karma, bitch! And justice. Again - if anyone was occupying anyone, it was them occupying a part of Poland.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

^Long story short is there anything you could share that somehow refutes my words? I was factually correct and was pretty accurate in wording it. Fire is hot, water is wet, part of Czechoslovakia was occupied and annexed by Poland in 1938 (yes, Germany and Hungary participated too). Was it right or wrong thing to do from perspestive of one person or another is not smth I was talking about, just facts.

If you think that ethnicity of the population of the given territory is enough to consider it "yours", then you should have considered giving away part of Danzig Corridor to Germans in 1939, as Germans were sizeable minority there. Same for partitions of Poland, out of 3 (4 if you count last one) at least 1 was very much justified from your point of view as biggest part of the territory that was taken away from Poland in 1772 wasn't populated by ethnic Polish for the most part.

For a person, who thinks that Poland was occupied by Soviets until 1989 you are really not the right kind to preach about accurate wordings.

Some funny news.
A recent investiagtion showed that information about the ingredients and food value of McDonalds products is incorrect and real figures are much different.
McDonalds will not be able to sell some of its products in Russia soon (in the list we have cheeseburgers, chickenburgers, milk shakes etc...).

Sharu said:
kowenicki said:
Why are they lying about their troops being in Crimea?

Khm... First of all, I'm not Putin. ))

Second, we have an agreement with Ukraine that we can have in Crimea up to 25 000 soldiers.Current amount if I'm not mistaken is around 10-15 thousands. 
As I understand from speech of our president, currently Russia isn't planning to put more troops then allowed by this agreements. (So we still can easily increase amount of troops there by 10-15 thousands).

IF russian citizens will be in danger - Russian parlament allowed our president to put more troops there, and use it on the territory of the whole Ukraine, not only Crimea. 
The military man on photos don't have any signs of Russian army, so we don't have any proof if they Russian army or not. They speak Russian - but 99% of Crimea people and 95% of all Ukraine also perfectly speak Russian, so this means nothing.

but according to the same agreement the russian troops are not supposed to exit their bases - did the kremlin even mention any of that ?

(also here it is "confirmed" that the total number of ru troops is way above the treshold)

fighter said:
Sharu said:
kowenicki said:
Why are they lying about their troops being in Crimea?

Khm... First of all, I'm not Putin. ))

Second, we have an agreement with Ukraine that we can have in Crimea up to 25 000 soldiers.Current amount if I'm not mistaken is around 10-15 thousands. 
As I understand from speech of our president, currently Russia isn't planning to put more troops then allowed by this agreements. (So we still can easily increase amount of troops there by 10-15 thousands).

IF russian citizens will be in danger - Russian parlament allowed our president to put more troops there, and use it on the territory of the whole Ukraine, not only Crimea. 
The military man on photos don't have any signs of Russian army, so we don't have any proof if they Russian army or not. They speak Russian - but 99% of Crimea people and 95% of all Ukraine also perfectly speak Russian, so this means nothing.

but according to the same agreement the russian troops are not supposed to exit their bases 

Are you sure?

Sharu said:
Some funny news.
A recent investiagtion showed that information about the ingredients and food value of McDonalds products is incorrect and real figures are much different.
McDonalds will not be able to sell some of its products in Russia soon (in the list we have cheeseburgers, chickenburgers, milk shakes etc...).

you should have noticed that a long ago lol

here the perception is that those criterias are suddenly raised as an excuse for banning imports - polish apples as well

anyway - a nice documentary showing that russia is not always the bad guy : 

how putin and bush ended up being so close is beyond me

http://www.buzzfeed.com/bennyjohnson/the-26-biggest-bromance-moments-between-george-w-bush-and-vl