By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - If you have questions about Russia - come here! (Poll added!)

Di you like Russia?

Yes, I love it! 218 35.68%

No, I hate it. 144 23.57%

Russia is strange... 130 21.28%

Don't know yet, curious ... 67 10.97%

Don't know and don't care. 45 7.36%

Total:604
fighter said:
Sharu said:
Some funny news.
A recent investiagtion showed that information about the ingredients and food value of McDonalds products is incorrect and real figures are much different.
McDonalds will not be able to sell some of its products in Russia soon (in the list we have cheeseburgers, chickenburgers, milk shakes etc...).

you should have noticed that a long ago lol

here the perception is that those criterias are suddenly raised as an excuse for banning imports - polish apples as well

)) Russian food rules are really quite strict, I can tell you its more strict then the EU ones. BUT its easily compensated by the fact that you don't have to fulfil rules all the time. And then if necessary bam - and you're violating them and can get to some legal responsibility. Very smart and useful in fact.

Around the Network

In russia, is it illegal to tell your kids gay people exist or naw?

KinlochKing said:
In russia, is it illegal to tell your kids gay people exist or naw?

All the kids know about it. 'Ty pidaras' (Russian foul word for a 'you're a gay') is a popular swear between teens. If you'll say this to a Russian you'll most likely get a fist to your face. 
Gay propaganda between children is illegal in Russia. You can't convience children that it is good to be gay. You should understand the difference!

Are there alot of drunk people..how many do you encounter per week?

Some pets are tamed fox?

Around the Network
KinlochKing said:
Are there alot of drunk people..how many do you encounter per week?

Less and less. It was a lot of drunks end of 1990s start of 2000s. Now its not so popular and teens are not interested in drinking alcohol/taking drugs as we were in their age. ))
I think its a positive changes.

KinlochKing said:
Some pets are tamed fox?

Whaaat? Never even heard about it!

do you guys have some sort of pride for creating tetris?, something like "the day of Alekséi Pázhitnov"

RobDX said:

do you guys have some sort of pride for creating tetris?, something like "the day of Alekséi Pázhitnov"

Well... On Mario Kart 8 launch he had an autograph session. It was the first time for a game launch in Russia with a line of people on the street. Total is was around 300 people... ) 

What are your (and Russian people's if different) stances on these qustions:

1) Is homosexuality inborn (decided before birth)?
2) Should same-sex marriage be allowed?
3) Should homosexual couples be allowed to adopt children?
4) Should homosxeual couples be allowed to make their own children using surrogate mothers (women who carry and deliver children for them for money)?
5) Can openly homosexual people serve in your police/military?