By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - is there a major wii suply shortage or what

I am sure they are saving some supply for the Brawl release, but they are not going to take it out of a single week, that's just odd.

Like I said, they probably have a shipment schedule of once every 2 weeks for the majority of stores, at least until they can get the supply chain sorted out.

Around the Network

^ That's basically what I was saying... oh in 100 more words.

DMeisterJ said:
Microsoft Supply Constraint? BS

Nintendo Supply Constraint? not bs

Nintendo simply just didn't sell what the other systems sold. I don't think that they're stockpiling, because that was the excuse a few weeks ago when sales were lackluster, and the SSBB launch week numbers for Wii hardware were not that much of a gain week over week, so it couldn't have been that. I'd have to say that Nintendo can't be producing 1.8 mil/month, because it never sells that much. But I'd like to say that they're not stockpiling but maybe they are, it'd still be a dumb business decision because they'll sell whatever they put out, and they didn't put anything out for this week. Maybe sales will pick up when Brawl comes out, maybe not.

ioi already said they sold out 

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I saw 2 wii's 20 min ago at my local target

^_^

skeezer said:

all the mid atlantices though can't just take an air plane and go there though

there are like no wiis here and when they are they last for 30 min @ longest :( 

Around the Network
skeezer said:

You do realize that the figures are for last week, right?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

lawl
damage control11!!!!!!11!!

but i think its pretty obvious that there were supply issues for Wii last week.
no need to debate that.

___O_o______ said:
lawl
damage control11!!!!!!11!!

but i think its pretty obvious that there were supply issues for Wii last week.
no need to debate that.

If its true then how can it be damage control?

Avinash_Tyagi said:
DMeisterJ said:
Microsoft Supply Constraint? BS

Nintendo Supply Constraint? not bs

Nintendo simply just didn't sell what the other systems sold. I don't think that they're stockpiling, because that was the excuse a few weeks ago when sales were lackluster, and the SSBB launch week numbers for Wii hardware were not that much of a gain week over week, so it couldn't have been that. I'd have to say that Nintendo can't be producing 1.8 mil/month, because it never sells that much. But I'd like to say that they're not stockpiling but maybe they are, it'd still be a dumb business decision because they'll sell whatever they put out, and they didn't put anything out for this week. Maybe sales will pick up when Brawl comes out, maybe not.

ioi already said they sold out 

LOL.  defensive much?

I didn't say that they didn't sell out, I'm saying that there is no way that Nintendo is producing the 1.8 mil/month

lolz... at the who people who say "People hate nintendo in my area" I CALL BS!!!! Even if everyone in HiHiHi's lala land hated the Wii, you gotta know they like money!

If I knew there were Wii's at my local GS because my entire town has an anti nintendo bias I would go buy a few and sell they on ebay to those people in candyland(sarcasm) who for some reason would rather have a Wii than PS3.

Then again if you are seeing Wii I can assume people in your area as dumb as sh!t for not picking it up and selling it for a quick 100-150 profit.

So now do you want to confess hihihihi that you STILL live in @sscrack, Alabama

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut