Around the Network

ioi comments from my thread:

"Wii sold out, no big shipments this week
PS3 selling well, good supply
360 had some decent shipments this week, sold out almost straight away
DS saw a new colour and decent shipments"

Microsoft Supply Constraint? BS

Nintendo Supply Constraint? not bs

Nintendo simply just didn't sell what the other systems sold. I don't think that they're stockpiling, because that was the excuse a few weeks ago when sales were lackluster, and the SSBB launch week numbers for Wii hardware were not that much of a gain week over week, so it couldn't have been that. I'd have to say that Nintendo can't be producing 1.8 mil/month, because it never sells that much. But I'd like to say that they're not stockpiling but maybe they are, it'd still be a dumb business decision because they'll sell whatever they put out, and they didn't put anything out for this week. Maybe sales will pick up when Brawl comes out, maybe not.

Is this thread intended to grab attention of get facts??

Anywayz, OF COURSE!!! YES!! ABSOLUTELY!!!! DEFINITELY!!!

^choose one of those responses

if there wasn't a supply shortage then you could buy a wii on monday or tuesday instead of Sunday (the day shipments arrive)
Why do you see ppl . standing in line early on sunday in front of the local toysrus???

hmmm...does this answer ur question now??

dsoverpsp said:

if there wasn't a supply shortage then you could buy a wii on monday or tuesday instead of Sunday (the day shipments arrive)
Why do you see ppl . standing in line early on sunday in front of the local toysrus???

No I dont see that in my area but that may be becuase alot of people where I live are anti-nintendo

Around the Network

I don't think they are stockpiling either... that wouldn't cause this odd effect... I think they are shipping most stores supply every two weeks (some smaller chains may get some every week, or just have some supply left to sell from the previous week)

360 I am not sure on (I don't live in America) from what I can gather there is a fine supply of Arcades, massive supply of the ugly Halo editions no one wants, a decent supply of elites, but some areas it is difficult to find the normal pro model.

Definite supply issue... It will be real interesting to see if Nintendo did stock pile and to see how many Wii's are sold when SSBB releases.

DMeisterJ said:
Microsoft Supply Constraint? BS

Nintendo Supply Constraint? not bs

Nintendo simply just didn't sell what the other systems sold. I don't think that they're stockpiling, because that was the excuse a few weeks ago when sales were lackluster, and the SSBB launch week numbers for Wii hardware were not that much of a gain week over week, so it couldn't have been that. I'd have to say that Nintendo can't be producing 1.8 mil/month, because it never sells that much. But I'd like to say that they're not stockpiling but maybe they are, it'd still be a dumb business decision because they'll sell whatever they put out, and they didn't put anything out for this week. Maybe sales will pick up when Brawl comes out, maybe not.

I already responded to this (sorta) in the other thread, but sales have increased each week WW since the beginning of the year. You say they can't be producing 1.8 million a month, but with some stockpiling (which is happening... everyone stockpiles, period), and the fact that so many of Jan units were sold in Dec, this is where we'll finally start seeing how close they'll get to 1.8 million a month. I'd say the monthly sales will be close to 1.5 million, and looking at last weeks sales and multiplying by 4, you get 1.7 million, so that works out. Probably what happened is this (read: last) weeks shipments were late, and didn't get out until the 16th or 17th, so we'll probably see a spike next week, followed by a drop, simply because it probably takes more than a week for a shipment to get to America.

probably low supplies, they are probably saving up for the brawl release

hihihi said:
dsoverpsp said:

No I dont see that in my area but that may be becuase alot of people where I live are anti-nintendo

okayy but in my area its hard to find...thats why i got mine online w. some games and wii motes and stuff...

I am assuming that the ppl who live near u like Microsoft??