By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What will sell more Final Fantasy 15 or Kingdom Hearts 3?

FFXV. Easy answer.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Im gonna go against the popular vote here and say Kingdom Hearts 3.

Final Fantasy as a brand has been hurt by the XIII saga, so Im tempted to think that XV will be automatically pushing lower numbers than the norm. If its good it will have great word of mouth, but I wouldnt be surprised to see it be a hit with the 2nd hand market.

Kingdom Hearts 3 will be hyped up to the back bollocks by both Square Enix and Disney. Thats the key thing here though. Disney's new found, overwhelming popularity with the mass market thanks to the acquisition of Marvel and Star Wars.

Star Wars and Marvel characters, along with the classic cast of characters we have had throughout the series will only help to push the title more with the mass market.

Kingdom Hearts 3 will be a 10 Million seller. Im calling it.

Yeah, people seem to forget Disney. Movies like Toy Story, Marvel, Star Wars, Frozen might be a big push for the sales. Although 10 million is a bit too much :P

KH3 wouldn't even come within 2 million of FF15

FFXIII might've hurt the Franchise but FFXV was hyped since it was known as FF versus XIII. It will be seen as the savior of the franchise which brings lots of hype with it.

KH is hyped but as I said the fan base is a lot more vocal than FF fans.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Interesting question. A new numbered Kingdom Hearts is a big deal considering the almost 10 year gap there will have been by the time Kingdom Hearts III releases, so the hype from that could boost it's numbers. But Final Fantasy XV is an interesting situation. The Final Fantasy brand (whether one likes it or not) was damaged with recent releases, which could effect XV's chances, but because XV is actually the heavily anticipated Versus XIII, can help it (not to mention it separates itself from XIII a lot just from it's style and gameplay). Whether any of this actually has any bearing on the sales is unknown, but I do think XV will come out on top. There's just more hype for it at this point and it has been talked about for much longer just because of it's long development cycle.

At this point it's FAR too early to be making predictions for these games, but if I forced myself to, I'd say Final Fantasy XV will reach 6.15 million and Kingdom Hearts III will sit at 4.95 million (until they start revealing some HUGE Disney cameos which will convince me to up my prediction for Kingdom Hearts III).

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
Im confused by the idea of the KH fanbase growing since KH2. If anything many people may have left the franchise after 2 as there hasnt been a console game since 2005 and the sales of the HH games show that many fans of the series never showed up again after 2. Whos to say they are going to return 9 years later, many may not even game anymore or became a part of that CoD crowd like a few of my mates -_-

This. I loved kingdom hearts on PS2 havent touched it since and have been drive away by the convolution. FFXV however will be a fresh start for the series, just as every other mainline title has been.

spemanig said:
Zero999 said:

that is highly dependant on quality. if square screws up with FF 15, KH3 should easily outsell it.

FF 13 begs to differ.

There is a thing that happens with FF, wich is the qualitty of the previous entry greatly influences the sales of the next one. The brunt of the ff13 quality was felt by the sequals and will be felt by ffxv.

FFXV!

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

shikamaru317 said:
Nem said:
spemanig said:
Zero999 said:

that is highly dependant on quality. if square screws up with FF 15, KH3 should easily outsell it.

FF 13 begs to differ.

There is a thing that happens with FF, wich is the qualitty of the previous entry greatly influences the sales of the next one. The brunt of the ff13 quality was felt by the sequals and will be felt by ffxv.

If that were true, wouldn't FF 13 itself have sold poorly? 12 wasn't exactly the most liked Final Fantasy, to this day I still hear some Final Fantasy fans say that it's worse than 13. 

Im pretty sure its nowhere near as bad as 13. It reviewed well.

XIII is a bit special as it was the first to expand to more than one system. It definitly tried to escape the rule.

FFXV by far