By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Thread of Titanfall: Be Advised, Titan Ready

DL took me about 2 1/2 hrs. I only saw my son playing one map but it looked fucking GREAT! My gaming habits have taken such a hit in the past year so I won't be getting in any long sessions but I'll be able to jump in randomly throughout the day. All I could think while watching him play this morning is how crazy everything was, the good crazy.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network

I'm not seeing any reports on how the launch went. I guess everyone is too busy playing

zultar said:
I'm not seeing any reports on how the launch went. I guess everyone is too busy playing ��

First hour was rocky. But after a patch diligently released, it went butter smooth.

Respawn working with MS is way better than Dice/EA.

I played 4 or 5 IMC campaign matches. I think the story is fantastic and the writing/voice acting is superb, but the matches themselves are just MP matches and it really doesn't seem to matter whether you win or lose. I guess that's the same way it would have played out if you were playing a SP game, the Militia would defeat the IMC. So it's still extremely interesting. There was one scene where two of the opposing leaders actually meet up and fight on your HUD. It's cool, but distracting. Will be awesome to see the Militia side of it.

The maps are incredible. Especially the larger ones with lifeforms in the backgrounds. I weep for this game on Xbox 360. It's going to be so much smaller and cramped.

Has anyone hit a fully charged rail gun blast with damage core on? I am curious how much damage it does. I can hit Stryders fully charged and take 40-50% of their health off.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
think-man said:

Do I have to make an Origin account to play this on PC?

Edit: Nvm just found out theres no point in me buying this if you live in my country :( they don't have any AUS servers so Ping from NZ to US is 150-300ms. That's unplayble for competitive play. Hopefully they will launch a AUS server in the near future.

MS is building a datacenter there now, hopefully it won't be long.

Also bump for reviews. Game is sitting quite nicely at an 88, higher than I thought for an online only game.

I am in Sydney and had ping ranging from 120-185 during the Beta, game played fine for me.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Happy TitanFall launch day everyone. Hope you are out there having a good time.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

I finished the Militia campaign. It's cool, the story is nice and all. It's interesting how you start out and they really seem unorganized and desperate and on the verge of losing before MacAllan is thrust into the fray. And the next to last level where MacAllan leads you into battle in his titan, epic.

I loved the betrayal by Spyglass too, was hilarious.

OK, so after logging close to 18 hours in this game on PC, I have to say that this is a very enjoyable game. This game is very fast paced and it keeps you on your toes. I’m running the game at full settings at 1080p, never falls under 60FPS. I have to say this game looks good. Not Killzone good, but good on its own merit. The controls are spot on and very responsive. The hit detection is also great. My only gripe about this game is that there are way too many minions walking around. Now, at first it’s hard to tell the difference from pilot and minion, but after a while you train your eyes to tell the difference. Another issue I have is that once titans start to come down, it gets very hard to find pilots on foot. But this is not a defect of the game; it just cuts into my game style.

Very enjoyable game, But I don’t think it merits buying a 500 dollar console.

9/10

About to hit the first regen. I love how later regens require specific challenges to be met. Really puts some sense of accomplishment behind it more than just playing the game a lot.