By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Next Xbox One Update Already In Development

According to OXM, Microsoft is already working on the next major update possibly arriving in June.  It sounds like the primary feature to be updated will be external hard disk drive support as well as more Friends updates. 

More than likely the people who received the recent update pre-release will likely be the first to get the next update as well.

IGN

OXM

Around the Network

I heard they had an update for friends notifications and possibly external HDD in april. Keep those updates coming.

I heard it was April too.

E3 hype lol. Still to far away to really care yet.

Yeap, that part is for April I believe... But I wouldn't be surprised if a major update is released at E3 and/or in November...

Around the Network
Digi30 said:

I heard they had an update for friends notifications and possibly external HDD in april. Keep those updates coming.

It may be.  I haven't heard anything.  My assumption is simply June is E3, therefore if Microsoft wanted to roll-out a significant update it'll be then.

So far the major updates have been January and March.  April would seem a little early.   May would seem more reasonable.  Unless the addition of the eHDD support is part of a small update, then it's possible it could be rolled-out earlier.

Yeah had support is a small update from the bits and pieces I have read....

would make sense, since it's pretty much win rt lite running it shouldn't take them ages... It's probably just a problem of ensuring security and make sure they have a wide range of drivers...

if TF wasn't releasing in a few days I bet it would have been put in the march update...

Wouldn't it be more newsworthy if they were NOT working on an update?
Seriously, if any console manufacturer is not working on updates 24/7 I would be pissed.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

i know theres one in apirl idk whats in that one but im liking the pace of the updates

Can't wait for the update, would be nice to have the external HDD hooked up, I'm running out of space too quickly. Honestly I cant wait for MS to have the One OS up to par with the 360.