By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Land and ZombiU should be Free with a Wii U for a limited time

Tagged games:

Should Nintendo Land & ZombiU should be free?

Yes, it may drive sales 15 36.59%

No, only Nintendo Land should be free 6 14.63%

No, only ZombiU should be free 1 2.44%

Every game should be free! :-D 0 0%

No, something else should... 2 4.88%

The Wii U should be Free :-D 6 14.63%

NO, free games will drive away more sales! 2 4.88%

lol 5 12.20%

see results 4 9.76%

Total:41

I believe these games are the only retail one available on the Wii U that do more than provide a simple map screen or offline play on the GamePad.* If Nintendo wishes to keep the GamePad as the primary Wii U controller (and it looks like they do) why not bundle these game free for a limited amount of time? Let gamers buy a Wii U and have a free digital copy of ZombiU and Nintendo Land which they can try out for 30 days before the game stops working.** These games will be free along with the free Mario and Zelda game bundle.

These two games are probably the best way to show how the GamePad is relevant and fun for gaming.

Or even better, make these free games still free after the 30 day expired, but for every 30 minutes, the consumer will have to watch 2 minutes of advertisement before playing again. If they buy the game, the advertisements will stop.

* I do not own a Wii U nor have I played many Wii U games. This statement is an educated guess backed by my experience of Wii U games from the internet.

**The save file will still be working in case the cosumer wishes to buy it and continue from where they left off. 

Around the Network

I agree.

I think Nintendo should buy the ZombiU franchise as Ubisoft probably isn't going to use it anymore. Make the game come with every Wii U for free, and sooner or later make a sequel.

Nothing raises game sales like a free console :)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Arent they making Wii sports U? They should definitly bundle each system with that. I'm sure it will trigger some reactive buys.

Around the Network

They were already bundled earlier. In fact, both of them were launch-day bundles in Europe. Didn't really help to push the console here.

BasilZero said:
You mean as a bundle? Werent they already bundled o.O

They were, but not anymore. Its primary Zelda and Mario along with overstocked Spyro. I suggest they need to be bundled for all Wii U systems and bundles in the future. They need to get Nintendo Land on eshop (ZombiU is already up there I think) so every Wii U comes with a digital card to download Nintendo Land and ZombiU 30 day trial.

t3mporary_126 said:

I believe these games are the only one available on the Wii U that do more than provide a simple map screen or offline play. 

You are completely wrong.

They couldn't come in the same bundle if kids are getting Wii U.

Nice idea, but you don't need 30 days to play through ZombiU^^

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.