By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sink or Swim: God of War

God of War: Sink or Swim

Sink 57 35.85%

Swim 102 64.15%

Total:159

swim. i love me some hack and slash games

Around the Network

Sink. Kratos is a piece of shit character, and the gameplay has gotten repetitive since the second one.

Xen said:
Sink. Kratos is a piece of shit character, and the gameplay has gotten repetitive since the second one.

Xen said:

"Kratos is a piece of shit character, and the gameplay has gotten repetitive"

Pretty ironic considering you have a Bioshock infinite avatar.

SWIM

One more. On PS4 to blow us away with gorgeous violence. Then reuse the engine for a similar game but with a different skin.

Around the Network

Sink, because how many games in a row can you make with the exact same gameplay of a guy who's angry at the gods for really no reason at all.

It took until Ascension for God of War to start using the Uncharted wall climbing rather than the lame different textured wall that makes it obvious I can climb the first five games in the series. Combat also looks a little different, I haven't played Ascension, but the combat system using the Blades of Chaos was the exact same in the first five. They really need to put the God of War series to rest. Maybe make a sequel, but only one sequel per gen and it should come late in the PS4s life.

Xen said:

I thought the same thing.  Read the post above.

kupomogli said:
Xen said:

I thought the same thing.  Read the post above.

Yup. My thoughts exactly.

How the hell is Bioshock as repetetive as God of War, I will never understand.

Sink

God of War 3 completely ruined Kratos as a character (2 was the start of it), and the gameplay has gotten stagnant. Even with the minimal additions in Ascension, the gameplay was still basically the same. Make a new hack n' slash with a new combat system.

Swim for the moment. GOWIII ended on a cliffhanger. Santa Monica should continue the story in IV, then wrap it all up, Kratos and all. He should get a proper send off. THEN it should sink.