By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many titles have you purchased digital or physical for Wii U?

Physical:
Darksiders II
Pikmin 3
Wii Party U
Nintendoland
Super Mario 3D World
DKC: TF

Digital:
TLoZ: WWHD
Wii Fit U
Nes Remix
Also considering getting Dr. Luigi.

It's hard to keep the rhythm of the games when you got your 3DS five months before the Wii U.

Around the Network
Dusk said:
Leadified said:
4 games, all physical. Just like in the other thread I don't got plans to buy digitally.

Cool. Just wondering, what's the reasoning behind only going physical? My reasoning is because of a lack of space to store all my games and I'm fairly confident that Nintendo's consoles will hold up fairly well in the long run. I have a N64 that went through a flood and works perfectly. Actually I have never had a Nintendo console fail on me. The closest to is was with the original NES with having to blow on the cartridge lol. 

Variety of factors:

1. Canadian internet
2. I prefer to have my games physically, don't have to worry about my games being tied to an online account
3. The price, games are way too expensive
4. Little storage space on Wii U and I prefer to buy physically anyways so I don't feel like spending money for a new harddrive
5. Lack of confidence in Nintendo's online structure

Retail copy:

Super Mario 3d World
Batman Arkham City
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Darksiders II
Nintendoland

Download:

Assassin's Creed III
Toki Tori
Edge

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

Leadified said:
Dusk said:
Leadified said:
4 games, all physical. Just like in the other thread I don't got plans to buy digitally.

Cool. Just wondering, what's the reasoning behind only going physical? My reasoning is because of a lack of space to store all my games and I'm fairly confident that Nintendo's consoles will hold up fairly well in the long run. I have a N64 that went through a flood and works perfectly. Actually I have never had a Nintendo console fail on me. The closest to is was with the original NES with having to blow on the cartridge lol. 

Variety of factors:

1. Canadian internet
2. I prefer to have my games physically, don't have to worry about my games being tied to an online account
4. Little storage space on Wii U and I prefer to buy physically anyways so I don't feel like spending money for a new harddrive

Makes sense. 

Not sure where you live in Canada but it must not be very close to me, as I too am in Canada, or a very rural area. I have wicked internet. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

4 physical, 13 digital. All new games from now on only digital, unless I see a real physical bargain. I got really tired of all that disc-swapping.

Around the Network

I don't own a wii u yet, but I already have Pikmin 3 and zelda wind waker. I'm waiting for some bundle with smash or Mario kart 8.

leyendax69 said:

I don't own a wii u yet, but I already have Pikmin 3 and zelda wind waker. I'm waiting for some bundle with smash or Mario kart 8.

You bought games without a console? I don't know if I have ever heard of that with the exception of pre-orders but that's usually with a console as well :D

Not sure where you live, but I heard that Sams Club is selling Wii U's for extreme discounts. Like 130 bucks or something crazy. Might be worth looking into. It's not the bundle you are looking for, but it might be worth it. Just putting it out there. 

Dusk said:
leyendax69 said:

You bought games without a console? I don't know if I have ever heard of that with the exception of pre-orders but that's usually with a console as well :D

Not sure where you live, but I heard that Sams Club is selling Wii U's for extreme discounts. Like 130 bucks or something crazy. Might be worth looking into. It's not the bundle you are looking for, but it might be worth it. Just putting it out there. 

My cousin provide me his console to play them. Since I know sometime of this year I'll buy it, there is no problem getting games. And unfortunately I'm from south america and here the taxes are huge, so I have  to wait for a good deal (which is weird).

Dusk said:
Leadified said:
Dusk said:
Leadified said:

Variety of factors:

1. Canadian internet

Makes sense. 

Not sure where you live in Canada but it must not be very close to me, as I too am in Canada, or a very rural area. I have wicked internet. 

Nah, K-W is a big place. It's just that internet is very expensive and there are very low bandwidth caps unless you're lucky and manage to snag a deal when they offer unlimited.

leyendax69 said:
Dusk said:
leyendax69 said:

My cousin provide me his console to play them. Since I know sometime of this year I'll buy it, there is no problem getting games. And unfortunately I'm from south america and here the taxes are huge, so I have  to wait for a good deal (which is weird).

That makes perfect sense than. I know of a couple people that do or have lived down there and they have told me some stories about taxes and stuff.