By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will PS4 achieve what PS2 couldn't (80 % Marketshare)

Threads like these are:

Dumb 72 60.00%

Pointless 48 40.00%

Total:120
rolltide101x said:
leyendax69 said:
XB1 could be dropping hard, but that doesn't mean its gonna sell the same as the first xbox. Tha brand is stronger now. And wii u will end up in Gamecube's numbers. PS4 should win, but that market share is impossible.

55-60 is pretty much the maximum the PS4 can take

Yeah, its already 60% this year without japan launch, is a possibility. Depends of XB1 and how helps Smash and MK to wii u.

Around the Network
HylianSwordsman said:
JoeTheBro said:
Is the poll referring to other troll threads like this or other sales predictions like this, such as the 50% thread?

Whichever. I figured posting in the original thread would only boost a thread I don't like and be annoying to the people that enjoyed it, so I made my own thread for people that think it's dumb and/or pointless. The correct answer to the question as applied to troll threads like this is that they are both dumb and pointless. Let's all just try to have fun with it.

I have no clue how you could be annoyed with a sales prediction thread on a sales site, but carry on I guess.

JoeTheBro said:
HylianSwordsman said:
JoeTheBro said:
Is the poll referring to other troll threads like this or other sales predictions like this, such as the 50% thread?

Whichever. I figured posting in the original thread would only boost a thread I don't like and be annoying to the people that enjoyed it, so I made my own thread for people that think it's dumb and/or pointless. The correct answer to the question as applied to troll threads like this is that they are both dumb and pointless. Let's all just try to have fun with it.

I have no clue how you could be annoyed with a sales prediction thread on a sales site, but carry on I guess.

Well don't get me wrong, I come here for sales predictions. I don't mind the vast majority of them. Sometimes they just get out of hand. This is a satire of that. Sorry I had to explain that to you, and that you couldn't just have fun with it.

HylianSwordsman said:
JoeTheBro said:
HylianSwordsman said:

Well don't get me wrong, I come here for sales predictions. I don't mind the vast majority of them. Sometimes they just get out of hand. This is a satire of that. Sorry I had to explain that to you, and that you couldn't just have fun with it.

I thought that's what you were thinking, but it's just so crazy that I wanted to hear it from the horses mouth.

JoeTheBro said:
HylianSwordsman said:
JoeTheBro said:
HylianSwordsman said:

I thought that's what you were thinking, but it's just so crazy that I wanted to hear it from the horses mouth.

Well now you're just being mean. I stayed out of your thread, you stay out of mine.

Around the Network
HylianSwordsman said:
JoeTheBro said:
HylianSwordsman said:
JoeTheBro said:
HylianSwordsman said:

Well now you're just being mean. I stayed out of your thread, you stay out of mine.

Difference being is that his thread was serious, yours is just a troll thread. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
HylianSwordsman said:
JoeTheBro said:
HylianSwordsman said:
JoeTheBro said:
HylianSwordsman said:

Difference being is that his thread was serious, yours is just a troll thread. 

It's just a joke, calm down. Other people are laughing with it.

HlianSwordsman said:
JoeTheBro said:
HylianSwordsman said:

Well don't get me wrong, I come here for sales predictions. I don't mind the vast majority of st get out of hand. This is a satire of that. Sorry I had to explain that to you, and that you couldn't just have fun with it.

That wasn't my thread. Also I'm not intending to be mean. I'm just not wanting to assume things.

Moving on from that, why would anyone want you staying out of the other thread? All you'd be doing is explaining your thoughts about the op. Personally I'd be interested to see why you are so confident that PS4 will never reach 50% marketshare. It's crazy to me that you seem to not even consider it a possibility.

JoeTheBro said:
HlianSwordsman said:
JoeTheBro said:
HylianSwordsman said:

Well don't get me wrong, I come here for sales predictions. I don't mind the vast majority of st get out of hand. This is a satire of that. Sorry I had to explain that to you, and that you couldn't just have fun with it.

That wasn't my thread. Also I'm not intending to be mean. I'm just not wanting to assume things.

Moving on from that, why would anyone want you staying out of the other thread? All you'd be doing is explaining your thoughts about the op. Personally I'd be interested to see why you are so confident that PS4 will never reach 50% marketshare. It's crazy to me that you seem to not even consider it a possibility.

Oh that's what you meant by crazy. No, it's a possibility, it's just so early in the gen, that it's absurdly unpredictable at this point. That's why I thought it was so out of hand. Yeah, I'd be crazy to think it was impossible. I made the comparison to PS2 not to illustrate that 50% is unattainable, but to illustrate that the comparison is based entirely on the hype of record breaking, and the comparison to the PS2 was to remind people that while the Wii did good, it wasn't a record breaker in market share, it's the PS2 that is the PS4's real competition. I dunno. I just thought it was funny mostly. A few other people seem to have too, so I'm just glad I gave people a few laughs. This wasn't really intended as an act of hostility.

HylianSwordsman said:
JoeTheBro said:
HlianSwordsman said:

Oh that's what you meant by crazy. No, it's a possibility, it's just so early in the gen, that it's absurdly unpredictable at this point. That's why I thought it was so out of hand. Yeah, I'd be crazy to think it was impossible. I made the comparison to PS2 not to illustrate that 50% is unattainable, but to illustrate that the comparison is based entirely on the hype of record breaking, and the comparison to the PS2 was to remind people that while the Wii did good, it wasn't a record breaker in market share, it's the PS2 that is the PS4's real competition. I dunno. I just thought it was funny mostly. A few other people seem to have too, so I'm just glad I gave people a few laughs. This wasn't really intended as an act of hostility.

I'm glad we kept talking then :) I can totally understand you now.