By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U's eDRAM stronger than given credit?

starworld said:
curl-6 said:
starworld said:

I love how resident evil 4 gets discounted when its considered by most to be the best looking game of 6th, and one of the most technically impressiv gamese yet it doesn't play into GC strength, look the xbox had a more powerful gpu, more ram, and a better cpu, not mention  programmable shaders. the fact that it ran ps2 games better with effort just shows how powerful it was, unlike the GC which got many ports that were inferior to ps2.

RE4 is not discounted, its just not the most technically advanced GC game; Rogue Squadron 3 is.

How did you come to that conculsion, lets stick to the facts, both are completely different games, i find resident 4 to be the better looking game easily.

Do you want to stick to the facts or give a subjective opinion. You can't have it both ways. 

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
starworld said:
curl-6 said:
starworld said:

I love how resident evil 4 gets discounted when its considered by most to be the best looking game of 6th, and one of the most technically impressiv gamese yet it doesn't play into GC strength, look the xbox had a more powerful gpu, more ram, and a better cpu, not mention  programmable shaders. the fact that it ran ps2 games better with effort just shows how powerful it was, unlike the GC which got many ports that were inferior to ps2.

RE4 is not discounted, its just not the most technically advanced GC game; Rogue Squadron 3 is.

How did you come to that conculsion, lets stick to the facts, both are completely different games, i find resident 4 to be the better looking game easily.

Do you want to stick to the facts or give a subjective opinion. You can't have it both ways. 

yes lets stick tot he facts, i'm not the one saying rogue squad 3 is techically more impressive then resident evil 4 as there is no real way to prove that, all i know as an xbox owner when i saw RG3 i was like that doesn't look impressive, when i saw resident evil4 running on ps2, i was like wtf this looks better then any xbox game, i was shocked, and do you have a source for for lean's 5k polygons on ps2, anyway yes the game version looks better but if looking at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkKX-nU9fX4 you can see, it still looks great. inferior but no worse then some wiiu ports that are running 10fps behind the 360.ps3 versions.

starworld said:

yes lets stick tot he facts, i'm not the one saying rogue squad 3 is techically more impressive then resident evil 4 as there is no real way to prove that, all i know as an xbox owner when i saw RG3 i was like that doesn't look impressive, when i saw resident evil4 running on ps2, i was like wtf this looks better then any xbox game, i was shocked, and do you have a source for for lean's 5k polygons on ps2, anyway yes the game version looks better but if looking at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkKX-nU9fX4 you can see, it still looks great. inferior but no worse then some wiiu ports that are running 10fps behind the 360.ps3 versions.

The evidence is on my side, in the form of the high end effects RS3 pulls off that RE4 does not.

I think RE4 looks better too, but on a technical level Rogue has it beat.

curl-6 said:
starworld said:

The evidence is on my side, in the form of the high end effects RS3 pulls off that RE4 does not.

like i said before the only way can confirm a console choking on a game is by ports, and we have evidence of both GC and wii choking on xbox ports, heck you even have GC choking on ps2 ports, while xbox runs almost all them better, to me that tell thats a way more powerful console, just like graphics cards, a 400+ gflop pc card runs ps3/360 ports much better with out effort.

starworld said:
curl-6 said:
starworld said:

like i said before the only way can confirm a console choking on a game is by ports, and we have evidence of both GC and wii choking on xbox ports, heck you even have GC choking on ps2 ports, while xbox runs almost all them better, to me that tell thats a way more powerful console, just like graphics cards, a 400+ gflop pc card runs ps3/360 ports much better with out effort.

If you have a working knowledge of the hardware it's easy to see which GC/Wii games Xbox couldn't run. And you're strawmanning; I never said Xbox wasn't more powerful than Gamecube.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
starworld said:
curl-6 said:
starworld said:

If you have a working knowledge of the hardware it's easy to see which GC/Wii games Xbox couldn't run. And you're strawmanning; I never said Xbox wasn't more powerful than Gamecube.

no its not easy, xbox was more powerful hardware by a wide margin, it also depends on how much effort they want do on the port, your talking about a console that has an open world game at 720p/60fps with amazing graphics for its time. the main reason why GC would struggle with xbox ports is programmable shaders.

starworld said:

curl-6 said:

no its not easy, xbox was more powerful hardware by a wide margin, it also depends on how much effort they want do on the port, your talking about a console that has an open world game at 720p/60fps with amazing graphics for its time. the main reason why GC would struggle with xbox ports is programmable shaders.

Yes, it is easy. You just have to know which techniques Gamecube/Wii were better than Xbox at, multitexturing being the primary one.

curl-6 said:
starworld said:

curl-6 said:

Yes, it is easy. You just have to know which techniques Gamecube/Wii were better than Xbox at, multitexturing being the primary one.

Do you have a souce?, i'm sure there were things GC were superior buts its not like a night and day diffrence, ps2 is suppose be a bandwidth monster, and has advantages in particle effects. saying a game GC would'nt run on xbox is way out there. 

beyond good and evil was lead on gamecube, and the xbox version ended up having the better framerate,  there is no evidence to back up your claim

starworld said:

Do you have a souce?, i'm sure there were things GC were superior buts its not like a night and day diffrence, ps2 is suppose be a bandwidth monster, and has advantages in particle effects. saying a game GC would'nt run on xbox is way out there. 

beyond good and evil was lead on gamecube, and the xbox version ended up having the better framerate,  there is no evidence to back up your claim

http://www.purevideogames.net/blog/?p=479

GCN does 8 texture layers per pass, Xbox does 4.

curl-6 said:
starworld said:

http://www.purevideogames.net/blog/?p=479

GCN does 8 texture layers per pass, Xbox does 4.

your source is a blog, thats sounds like its written by a fanboy.