By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U's eDRAM stronger than given credit?

starworld said:

nice try those baynetta 2 pics are super sampled/ aka bull shots here what baynetta 2 really looks like (I bet you have taken it from youtube video)

Nice try...

Here are screencaps taken directly from Nintendo Direct's UStream stream, these pictures date from Feburary 13 to 14th...

Now you will say that NeoGAF or even the internet somehow magically got supersampled shots with help of fairy/pixie/pony magic. :/

@dahuman

That's not God Of War 3 screenshots? I searched on google God Of War 3 gameplay and went to "pictures" section then searched pictures at resolution of 1280x720 pixels. Heh... So its GOW2 or what?

Around the Network
SubiyaCryolite said:
Terrible DMC 4 shots. Screens straight from the 360/PS3 versions via Eurogamer.

Your screens look like a PC version with low textures or something.

A 2008 720p60 game keeping up with a 2014 game on hardware that's apparently "twice" as strong >_>

DMC4 doesn't look that great either way even on PC anyways, it's a shitty looking game to start with even compared to the original Bayo so it doesn't even matter.

Is that WKCI or WKCII? All this is doing is proving that the step up is indeed negligible, WTH.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

hated_individual said:
starworld said:

nice try those baynetta 2 pics are super sampled/ aka bull shots here what baynetta 2 really looks like (I bet you have taken it from youtube video)

Nice try...

Here are screencaps taken directly from Nintendo Direct's UStream stream, these pictures date from Feburary 13 to 14th...

Now you will say that NeoGAF or even the internet somehow magically got supersampled shots with help of fairy/pixie/pony magic. :/

@dahuman

That's not God Of War 3 screenshots? I searched on google God Of War 3 gameplay and went to "pictures" section then searched pictures at resolution of 1280x720 pixels. Heh... So its GOW2 or what?

dude those are super sampled pics, i can't believe you can't tell.

dahuman said:
]

DMC4 doesn't look that great either way even on PC anyways, it's a shitty looking game to start with even compared to the original Bayo so it doesn't even matter.

the orginal bayo looks doesn't even come close to looking bette rthen DMC4, with ugly use of bloom and horrible looking charcter models. question before we continue can you tell is those bayo 2 shots are bull shots or not.

Around the Network
dahuman said:

Are you serious? DMC 4 was one of the first truly "next gen" looking games at the time. Even today when maxed out, the game looks damn good. You probably WANT it to look worse than the original Bayonetta.

SubiyaCryolite said:
Is that WKCI or WKCII? All this is doing is proving that the step up is indeed negligible, WTH.

1st shot is WKC I and 2nd shot is WKC II... I agree that the step is rather negligible...

About DMC4... Enemies are rather low polygon in comparison and levels also and I must agree that Bayonetta looks better than DMC4 overall, DMC4 to me looks like a PlayStation 2 game upscaled to HD with higher resolution textures and other things. At first it looks better, but the more you look it the more you see how it doesen't look good at all...

It almost looks like it was made on Source engine and that it runs on PC from 2005 or 2006.

Bayonetta 2 had obvious jaggies, those screens don't. The HUD has been overlayed. How can you NOT tell? Refer to the HQ 600MB 720p60fps Direct video

what the orginal bayo looks like, DMC4 looks like its from a different gen.

SubiyaCryolite said:
Bayonetta 2 had obvious jaggies, those screens don't. The HUD has been overlayed. How can you NOT tell? Refer to the HQ 600MB 720p60fps Direct video

SubiyaCryolite said:
dahuman said:

Are you serious? DMC 4 was one of the first truly "next gen" looking games at the time. Even today when maxed out, the game looks damn good. You probably WANT it to look worse than the original Bayonetta.

I maxed it out and I just thought it looked fucking terrible, I don't know why, it still looks terrible to me to this day. I never understood the praises it got.