By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Sony to Develop Console Wars Movie

Sony Pictures is set to develop the film adaptation of Blake J. Harris' upcoming book CONSOLE WARS: Sega, Nintendo and the Battle that Defined a Generation.

The book, described on Amazon as a "behind-the-scenes business thriller," focuses on "small and scrappy" Sega and the company's aspirations to take on Nintendo in the console market during the early '90s. Atlantic. According to a press release from CONSOLE WARS' publisher Atlantic Books, the film adaptation will be developed by Sony and Scott Rudin (Moneyball, The Social Network) and directed and written by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg.

Harris himself will take on Executive Producer duties and is also co-directing a documentary on the same subject, produced by Rudin, Rogen and Goldberg.

"Blake Harris's amazing book has all the narrative drama of the work of Michael Lewis and Ben Mezrich," said Atlantic Books' Toby Mundy in the release. "It should appeal to gamers and non-gamers alike."

Back in May last year, Sony registered a slew of domain names relating to Console Wars, which left a number of folk confused as to exactly what "console war" the company would be tackling in light of recent hardware launches.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/02/23/sony-to-develop-console-wars-movie

Around the Network

Let me guess, the winner is gonna be the ps4

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

How can it win when it's not in the fight lol

Oh boy here comes the salt

think-man said:

Cause thats how powerful it is! It can go back in time and lay waste to the consoles

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
think-man said:

LOL did not even bother to read the article. The ps4 is really changing lives.

cant wait for all the old sony product references that are gonna be in the movie :p but in all honesty i think it would help rejuvenate sony's old image if the movie becomes popular

This is a pretty cool idea, it would be neat if they did a movie for each subsequent console generation. The history could make for an interesting film.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

NYCrysis said:
cant wait for all the old sony product references that are gonna be in the movie :p but in all honesty i think it would help rejuvenate sony's old image if the movie becomes popular

Yep you'll see Sony products everywhere lol

Well, the battle between Sega and Nintendo did indeed end with Sony entering the market and the PlayStation crushing everything. Such an ending would be plausible with the original PSX. (I will never stop calling it PSX, deal with it :P)

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.