By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is the worst thing about being religious?

Porcupine_I said:
The worst thing about religion is that you have to believe what other people tell you.

Not really. You can create your own religion. Try eubiose, for example.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Rogerioandrade said:
Porcupine_I said:
The worst thing about religion is that you have to believe what other people tell you.

Not really. You can create your own religion. Try eubiose, for example.

Sounds like a cult^

I come from a town that was controlled by a cult. Ramsters. Run by a lady named JZ Knight who gets possessed by a 10,000 year old merovingian...something..warlord from atlantis. He says when the apocalypse happens, lizard men will come out of the earth and rule.

That´s really weird. hhehehe : )

Eubiose is a society created by a brazilian professor where the main belief combines science, philosofy and religion. Actually they use several christian, jewish, buddish and spiritism teachings. It´s like an independent branch of  Freemasonry.  At its core, its a very weird religious group too, but something that appeal to people with "modern religious approach", since they consider every religion as good.

Being a christian who attends services regularly, I tend to ignore other people´s religious choices. I mean, I take my beliefs very, very strongly but I don´t try to intervine on other peoples´ beliefs. Maybe I´m a coward..... I just think that it may not be the best way to show what´s good about my beliefs

People that use Christianity for their own agenda, for controlling people, rather than what it is meant to do.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

AZWification said:

Some people are  religious to the point where they are OK with swallowing semen from a priest's dick, because priest said that his penis contained " sacred milk". http://www.vaticancrimes.us/2013/01/evangelical-pastor-convinced-followers.html

That's a great reason why priests should be allowed to marry.  We all need to get it and when you deny that, well youre going to get molestors and rape behavior in the priesthood.  

I think for Christians it is having the stigmata of everyone thinking you have an ignorant mind when it come to stuff like Evolution. Only the stupid and narrow minded one strictly believe in Creationism while others are open minded to other ideas on how the universe was made. For Muslims I think it is the western stereotype that if you are a follower of Allah then you are a terrorist.