By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tropical Freeze is the Best 2D platformer I've ever played.

Yes its veryyyyyyyy incedible

Zelda - Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch.... Incredable!!!

Around the Network

I've no doubt it is a very solid game. Hell, it has me considering buying a Wii U. But I must ask, what other platformers did you play? The original DKC & DKC 2? Mario Bros. 3? World? 2? Super Metroid?

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

I wasn't thinking of buying it at the beginning. Now I'm super hyped. Just the amazing soundtrack by David Wise is enough for me to buy it. I'm been listening to it while studying lately. Simply amazing :)

Arius Dion said:
I've no doubt it is a very solid game. Hell, it has me considering buying a Wii U. But I must ask, what other platformers did you play? The original DKC & DKC 2? Mario Bros. 3? World? 2? Super Metroid?

Played em all friend. I honestly feel TF is better.  It's that's good. 

I've actually played a ridiculous amount of 2D plats over the years. Also, Super Metroid features platforming, but I would not classify it as a platformer.

Mensrea said:
Arius Dion said:

Played em all friend. I honestly feel TF is better.  It's that's good. 

I've actually played a ridiculous amount of 2D plats over the years. Also, Super Metroid features platforming, but I would not classify it as a platformer.

Wow. I'm definitely gonna grab this in the future. @bolded Fair enough. 

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network
Mensrea said:

To both of you, I would say no. I often dislike Nintendo releases, and I play a wide range of games. Why do you have to come in to this thread and bitch about my tastes? I never came into a Last of Us thread and laughed at your adoration for said game. I think it's great if you like the Last of Us, and love to see that kind of enthusiasm. We are all on this forum because we share a mutual love for video games, and regardless of which faction you associate yourself with, it's quite rude to bash another.

^ THIS...............

I´ve just played the first level

...and daym, that is one beautiful game !

People who say this is a Wii game in HD are wrong,

I know we made fun of it around E3....but man, Donkey Kong´s fur does look impressive.

i got it thankfully i was enjoying it up until i got to level 3-5 or that first rocket barrel level...seriously im seriously wtf why cant i just control the roket with the left stick>

I agree: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=178859&page=1#

Nintendo and PC gamer

The music is absolutely fantastic in this game! I doubted Retro's decision to go with Donkey Kong at first also, DKC:TP is so much better than I expected.

It does look so much more impressive when you see it in action on your tv also.

I don't get why some people were a bit upset about minecart stages, I love the minecart levels in this game!