By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I think that my PS4 isn't working correctly in standby mode

Tagged games:

pezus said:
d21lewis said:
Since people are answering questions, maybe somebody can help me with my PS4 problem, too. I played Tomb Raider on the Vita with remote play but the back touch screen didn't work. It registered that I was touching 'em because a little pic of a Vita would appear showing what I was doing (if that makes any sense) but the "buttons" didn't do what they were supposed to.

Little help, please?

Were you touching it in the right places? And have you checked your button configuration for remote play?

You don't know how hard it was for me to take the high road when I replied to this.....

Around the Network
Gremdude said:
d21lewis said:
Since people are answering questions, maybe somebody can help me with my PS4 problem, too. I played Tomb Raider on the Vita with remote play but the back touch screen didn't work. It registered that I was touching 'em because a little pic of a Vita would appear showing what I was doing (if that makes any sense) but the "buttons" didn't do what they were supposed to.

Little help, please?

I don't think the back touch pad does anything with Tomb Raider. Hold the front touch screen to view the map. I believe you just tap the touch screen to go into your instinct mode.

If that's the case, I owe you!  I'll try it later on today.  Wish me luck!

You know, someone should make a PS4 Q&A thread for PS4 newbs like me. One thing this community does well is help each other out and there's a lot to figure out with these newer consoles (like where the heck is the power button? J/K). Some topics don't need their own thread but they're still important to the poster. Something to consider, eh? The knowledge of the VGChartz collective is a powerful thing.

I edited my post but you replied too fast. To see the button config for remote play games, tap the PS button and then touch "Button Guide"

d21lewis said:
You know, someone should make a PS4 Q&A thread for PS4 newbs like me. One thing this community does well is help each other out and there's a lot to figure out with these newer consoles (like where the heck is the power button? J/K). Some topics don't need their own thread but they're still important to the poster. Something to consider, eh? The knowledge of the VGChartz collective is a powerful thing.

No joke.  I thought my PS4 was broken once because it wouldn't turn on.  Turns out I was hitting eject instead of power.  In my defense they aren't very well labeled, the icons are so tiny

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network
Gremdude said:

I edited my post but you replied too fast. To see the button config for remote play games, tap the PS button and then touch "Button Guide"

No harm, no foul.  Thanks, Gremdude.  You're a life saver!

Yep same here. When I turn it on from standby mode I am greeted by game updates and some times my uploads to the cloud fails. It is for this reason I see no point in keeping my ps4 in standby mode seeing as it is not doing what it suppose to do. However, if I initiate a game download through the mobile app while in standby it does work, but no automatic updating of games.

So I'm pretty well experienced on PS4 and it's current position. So I would like to clear up a few things so you guys understand these issues you're having. You likely aren't having a actual issue with your PS4, but a miss understanding of what's going on based on what the PS4 tells you. It doesn't always label or notify you correctly. When I take my PS4 out of Standby (yesterday is a good example). I took it out Standby and when I started it up it said that BF4's update was added to downloads, I already got around to understanding this tho so it wasn't anything that bothered me. So to explain the process, when the console is in Standby (Sleep). It works updates, uploads, downloads and installs in the background (doesn't unpack or install system updates though). But when your system is in sleep mode it is actively open to any activated account to take advantage of. Making a situation where the system doesn't do anything but those specific things I've stated. When you boot back into your account, your system adds all the info to your notifications which makes things abit confusing. If the download is already complete and installed it won't tell you, but it will tell you it was added to your downloads, on the other hand if it's not complete during the time you go back on it will tell you when it finishes. Try going to your downloads right when you boot up, it will show you that the games already downloaded and installed. I also had checked this out a few days ago cause I had only one account till I added my old JPN one to get Onigiri and 4 games had updates while it was in sleep. Onigiri was the only one not done when I went back on but it was around 60%. All only said it was added to downloads tho. It's just so you keep track of what's downloaded I guess

Teflon02 said:
<snip>.... Try going to your downloads right when you boot up, it will show you that the games already downloaded and installed. ...</snip>

I do that each time and each time it is starting to download the update from scratch.  2 days ago I turned on the PS4 and a message that Battlefield 4 was added to downloads appeared.  I checked the downloads screen and it was starting at 0% of about a 900MB update (took about 30 minutes to complete) 

:(

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

JOKA_ said:
Teflon02 said:
.... Try going to your downloads right when you boot up, it will show you that the games already downloaded and installed. ...

I do that each time and each time it is starting to download the update from scratch.  2 days ago I turned on the PS4 and a message that Battlefield 4 was added to downloads appeared.  I checked the downloads screen and it was starting at 0% of about a 900MB update (took about 30 minutes to complete) 

:(

That's weird, I had the same update, but it was complete when I booted up. I know a GBwould download for me in under 10 minutes in worse cases. But I booted up BF4 immediately and was fine. I wonder if it has anything to do with time of day. Like VIta, it will download all your updates etc. But only within a certain time. Oddly enough I can't change the time on my Vita but on PS3 when I changed the time it changed the time it checked on Vita also. Might be the same on ps4. you might have your system on too commonly during these times maybe. I'll try see if it's the case.