By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Launch-Day PS4 Stock Readily Available in Japan (DOOOOOOOOOM)

chapset said:
Turkish said:

If it's less than 500k, she's no vp, we'll find out wednesday

we will get numbers sonner than that ;), hint:(500k) in the first 48 hours but don't expect much more for first week (hint: 640k shipped for launch)

it hasnt been out for that long yet.

Around the Network

I remember reading an article just like this a few years ago... about the Nintendo DS... People react too quickly these days. We'll see what happens.

All that being said, I don't expect the PS4 to do as well in Japan as it did in the US. The software just isn't there.

Amazon.co.jp PS4 (both Knack bundles) were sold out since 3/4 hours ago though.

Relax peole. The PS4 will have a good opening.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

PS4 first day results. http://azalyn.blog22.fc2.com/ - Hardware sold out - Best selling: Yakuza, Killzone, Battlefield - Software tie ratio was over 1 - Yakuza Ishin PS3:PS4 = 2.5:1 http://ameblo.jp/oosakaking/ - Hardware sold out - Software tie ratio 0.7 http://blog.livedoor.jp/kisarazumax1250/archives/37254157.html - Hardware sold out - Best selling: Yakuza, Killzone - Software tie ratio 0.46

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

Amazon is sold out, but in-store stock is still available. There weren't huge lineups either. If you want a Japanese PS4 you can simply walk into most stores and buy one right now. 

They made too many then. Those ebay resellers will be so disappointed..

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Soundwave said:

Amazon is sold out, but in-store stock is still available. There weren't huge lineups either. If you want a Japanese PS4 you can simply walk into most stores and buy one right now. 

You post that as reports of sell outs for first day sells start coming in lolololool

Lol at the person saying there aunt is vp.

You people really believe vp of a cooperation is going to tell there niece or nephew about business sales in a Japan?
Sounds like something you hear from an obvious joke prank.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Soundwave said:

So you are telling me the Japanese are buying it online waiting for it to come in the mail before they can play it when they could walk into ANY store and get one....... Bwhahahahahaha...... You realize that makes no sense right. 

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut