By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Donkey Kong Tropical freeze..better than SM3DW???

no just no....especally due to those rocket barrel levels.only played one and i absolutely hated that level

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
curl-6 said:
Mystro-Sama said:
This game is all the more reason why Nintendo should have had an achievement system... FFS it's 2014!

People in 2014 are incapable of playing a game without a spoonfeeding pat on the head for an arbitrary accomplishment every 10 seconds?

Congrats, you missed the point entirely. When I go to my trophies or achievements I look at how much of the game i've complete or whether I have done everything possible in it. Plating certain games is atestiment to your skills as a gamer. Achievements are one of the best things to come out of last gen and some people just don't want to admit that Nintendo is late to the party. What can they possibly lose by implementing it? Exaaactly... >.>

Achievements are one of the most overrated and worthless things to come out of the 7th gen. If a game's good enough, I'll play the whole thing without some contrived Pavlovian pat on the head to motivate me. I don't need to be spoonfed.

Alright, now those K levels are the kind of difficulty I was looking for...or maybe not if anger gets the better of me.

Some of us like to think for ourselves instead of letting metacritic think for us.

curl-6 said:

Achievements are one of the most overrated and worthless things to come out of the 7th gen.

But there's no harm in including them for people who want them, right?

Around the Network
Wright said:
curl-6 said:

Achievements are one of the most overrated and worthless things to come out of the 7th gen.

But there's no harm in including them for people who want them, right?

I'd rather they not be there, but if they can be turned off, then at least the harm can be mitigated. ;)

loy310 said:
Actually thinking about picking up the Wiiu:Zelda bundle for this and SM3DW.
But still on the fence.

What are you waiting for? that 3 AAA games straight away. Buy buy buy lol :D

curl-6 said:
Mystro-Sama said:
curl-6 said:
Mystro-Sama said:
This game is all the more reason why Nintendo should have had an achievement system... FFS it's 2014!

People in 2014 are incapable of playing a game without a spoonfeeding pat on the head for an arbitrary accomplishment every 10 seconds?

Congrats, you missed the point entirely. When I go to my trophies or achievements I look at how much of the game i've complete or whether I have done everything possible in it. Plating certain games is atestiment to your skills as a gamer. Achievements are one of the best things to come out of last gen and some people just don't want to admit that Nintendo is late to the party. What can they possibly lose by implementing it? Exaaactly... >.>

Achievements are one of the most overrated and worthless things to come out of the 7th gen. If a game's good enough, I'll play the whole thing without some contrived Pavlovian pat on the head to motivate me. I don't need to be spoonfed.

You still dont get it LOL You're the only looking at it like a pat on the head. You quoted me and probably didn't even read my post...

Mystro-Sama said:

You still dont get it LOL You're the only looking at it like a pat on the head. You quoted me and probably didn't even read my post...

Trophies/achievements are so arbitrary their hardly an objective reflection of one's skill.

They are annoying, distracting, and can ruin an immersive gaming experience.

curl-6 said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Trophies/achievements are so arbitrary their hardly an objective reflection of one's skill.

They are annoying, distracting, and can ruin an immersive gaming experience.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

Watch some of those Achievements for a crash course on Achievements done right.