By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - After Japans first week sales,, will PS4 be over Wii U globally?- needs about 400,000 it seems

Well it will either be over it or very very close, unless we are grossly overestimating PS4's potential in Japan.

Kinda wonder what this forum will talk about after PS4 overtakes the Wii U. Maybe we will talk about games haha. Nah that is crazy talk.

Around the Network

You're on a roll lately, thread after thread...
It needs about 300k, and the Wii U did that FW in Japan. So yeah, Wii U is officially second after this wednesday!

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Seeing as it's just two days of Japan sales I say no, but next week it'll be surpassed and then PS4 will lead throughout it's generation

Probably, but we will see how well it all turns out after the smoke clears

I wonder who will come in second place however

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Probably. The gap is about 300k, and PS4 already sells about 100k more than Wii U each week.
100k rest of world + 300k+ Japan launch > margin between PS4 and Wii U right now.
Also, probably the last time the lead changes hands this gen. All PS4 from then on.

Around the Network
Zucas said:
Well it will either be over it or very very close, unless we are grossly overestimating PS4's potential in Japan.

Kinda wonder what this forum will talk about after PS4 overtakes the Wii U. Maybe we will talk about games haha. Nah that is crazy talk.

Next up is out selling WiiU and XBO combined.

OT: Yeah it should sell at least 500k between US, Europe, Others, and Japan. Of course ioi might troll us and put them both at 5.8M before adjustments.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
Zucas said:

Next up is out selling WiiU and XBO combined.

OT: Yeah it should sell at least 500k between US, Europe, Others, and Japan. Of course ioi might troll us and put them both at 5.8M before adjustments.

Haha now that is thinking outside the box... pun intended.  

I think so. It's not like it'd take that much--and the demand is certainly there. It's just a question of how many Sony pushed over there for the launch.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

Of course it will, unless DK sold a lot of systems in the west is inevitable.

It's pretty much a given. Hardly worth a thread.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.