By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 in stock in the world's southernmost city

I went on vacations to Ushuaia, the worlds southernmost city http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ushuaia located in Argentina

They had a videogames store with a PS4, the price was 12900 argentine pesos ( around 1600 dollars with the official rate, or 1150 dollars with the black market rate) in comparison, I bought my basic set Wii U for 3600 pesos (450 dollars with the official rate, or 315 with the black market rate)

There were many shops selling PS3s, and the many shops sold PS3 games (supermarkets, electronics, the videogame store)

It seems like in Argentina, in small towns with bad weather that don't let people do sports or go out very often, videogames are even more popular than in big cities, cuz people have to stay at home more and they don't have that many cultural options for having fun (cinemas, theaters, nightclubs etc)

the pictures

The first one is the PS4 they had for selling, the second one are some very little kids who seemed to be more excited about GTA for PS3 than for any Nintendo game (unfortunately, for me), the last one is something weird I saw, in an ice cream store you could ask for a Pikachu, Misty or Ash ice cream cone.

Around the Network

Encontraste una PS4 en el fin del mundo! Felicitaciones, quien lo hubiera imaginado!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Sí, pero por ahora sólo los hijos de los ricos van a poder comprar una./ For a few years only the offspring of wealthy men will be able to buy one, the same happens in Brazil, because of protectionist taxes (they think if they put very high taxes they will make Sony open a PS4 factory in their country).

Proof! There are no shortages! It's available everywhere!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Pikachu is spelled wrong :P LOL at Larguirucho, Super Larguirucho and Trapito... Did they have Hijitus and Super Hijitus as well? :P

Anyways, I bought one and I'm not rich xD. I bought it for 6999 Pesos at a Sony Store though.

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

Around the Network

You cannot escape the PS4! :O

I heard from a friend who visited this city that it's cold there the entire year.

Porcupine_I said:

Only if it's also available in the nothern most city of the world. That way it spans the globe.

This way we can only confirm that it is completely available in the southern hemisphere. Do your geography homework.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Porcupine_I said:

Only if it's also available in the nothern most city of the world. That way it spans the globe.

This way we can only confirm that it is completely available in the southern hemisphere. Do your geography homework.

I believe you can find it in Longyearbyen as well.

IsawYoshi said:
vivster said:
Porcupine_I said:

I believe you can find it in Longyearbyen as well.

We do need pictures though. Without it's not exact science.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.