By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Bandai Namco VP Expects PS4 to Sell 300,000-500,000 Units in Japan by End of March, 6 Million Worldwide

If the guy, didn't say the 6m part, maybe I would have treated him seriously, but we have PS4 at 5.3 as of 08.02, he expects at least 300k consoles in Japan, and what? In best case scenario 400k PS4 Worldwide (without Japan) in 7 weeks? Get out of here, Pachter wannabe.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network
pezus said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
pezus said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this happens!! I do wonder why are saying the ps4 won't as much in Japan as opposed to the rest of the world, Sony is mainly based in Japan aren't they? I thought playstation is fairly competitive there and with the launch of ps4, they should dominate the home console market, at least for a while at its worst while Nintendo dominates the handheld market

"So...5.3m as of February 8 and 300-500k in Japan before March 31. This means he is expecting 200-400k sales from the rest of the world in almost 2 months lol."

Also, 300-500k in Japan in more than a month would be absolutely abysmal.

Yea, I know that, I am saying that some people in this site and other sites are expecting it to sell lower than 250k in Japan during March which I think its gonna sell more

I don't think anyone expects 250k sales from launch to the end of March, though. 

Maybe not on here, but people elsewhere on the internet expect it to bomb or underperform.

He is correct. The PS4 will indeed sell these numbers in that time frame. In much the same way Barcalona will win a football game in the same time frame. It will happen... but much sooner than March 31st

Possibly in less than 48 hours...

It's to low right now the PS4 is selling out all that is shipped so if they are producing 1m or more a month then there is a good chance of 7 mill or more.

Maybe the boss of Namco has more information than vgchartz members.

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network
Ajax said:

lol how is that even possible? Sony just reported that the numbers are very correct, so.....

bubblegamer said:
Ajax said:

lol how is that even possible? Sony just reported that the numbers are very correct, so.....

So he is either very well informed or very badly informed or mistranslated.

''Hadouken!''

he's a video game executive guys he must know what he is talking about

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

What is he talking about? the PS4 will sell 6million by the end of feb not march

One of the safest prediction I've ever seen.