By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Japan launch CELEBRATION (It's here!) - Predictions closed!

NewGuy said:
alrightiwill said:
NewGuy said:
Seems like JP folks are able to walk right in and buy a console, no preorder needed. Either the shipment is high or demand is low. If the rumored 350K shipment is true, that doesn't bode too well IMHO.

I understand your sentiment but the same was true of NA and EU launches. Sony made sure to have extra consoles available for Day 1 purchase in store without pre-order. But I'm guessing purchase will be easier in japan as you've pointed out :)

Were people really able to walk to the store and buy a console at that time? I couldn't check due to some personal reasons....

JoeTheBro said:
NewGuy said:
Seems like JP folks are able to walk right in and buy a console, no preorder needed. Either the shipment is high or demand is low. If the rumored 350K shipment is true, that doesn't bode too well IMHO.

That's similar to how it was in th US. Places should take all day and some of tomorrow to sell out.

I'd take this as a sign of high volume, not low demand.

What about the rumored 350k shipment? That's not that high a volume/shipment IMO. 

Every gamestop had non preorder consoles.

Around the Network

The WIi U is going to start its domination now ;) The PS4 is in trouble!

Any info on first day sales?

Putin said:
Any info on first day sales?

Nope, not yet. I wouldn't expect anything until Monday.

pezus said:
AAAAANNNND The prediction table has been finalized. You're free to post new predictions here, but they won't be added to the OP as of this point.

We could get something from Sony tomorrow at the earliest and from Famitsu/Media Create on Wednesday at the latest. Stay tuned

Just for clarity's sake what numbers are we going to use to determine the winner of the prediction league? I don't mind if it's MC, Famitsu or Sony themselves, just wondering so we can say definitively who guessed best instead of arguing "well according to x, I won actually"

Around the Network
pezus said:
Kongfucius said:
pezus said:
AAAAANNNND The prediction table has been finalized. You're free to post new predictions here, but they won't be added to the OP as of this point.

We could get something from Sony tomorrow at the earliest and from Famitsu/Media Create on Wednesday at the latest. Stay tuned

Just for clarity's sake what numbers are we going to use to determine the winner of the prediction league? I don't mind if it's MC, Famitsu or Sony themselves, just wondering so we can say definitively who guessed best instead of arguing "well according to x, I won actually"

Hmm Media Create, I think. I believe they are possibly the most accurate? 

There's nothing in it really, though I do think they have a slightly larger sample size. MC is fine, like I said so long as we have a firm decision which people agree on it shouldn't matter. MC it is then :)

I'd imagine around 450,000 week one, give or take. 

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

pezus said:
Imagine if Sony announced 1m+. World would implode.

What? A man can dream

Well PS2 did ~980k I believe but... I don't see it

You dream if you want though :)

I hope at least 300k for the 2 first days !! (even I predicted 426k)

If it's

Kongfucius said:
pezus said:
Imagine if Sony announced 1m+. World would implode.

What? A man can dream

Well PS2 did ~980k I believe but... I don't see it

You dream if you want though :)

Well, there's no way the PS4 got that much stock there, anyway.  The PS2 only launched in Japan at the beginning, so any and all units made up until then went to Japan.  Sony had 6 full months after that to build up more stock for the US.