By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If You Want The FFXIII Demo, Start Saving for Last Remnant

Just recently, Square Enix star, Tetsuya Nomura, told the press a Final Fantasy XIII demo is on the way, sometime this year, but what exactly was meant by this has been left up in the air. A demo for Expos? A PSN release? Square Union dives into the mind of Square Enix and unearths what the gaming giant is more than likely going to do with the demo. The answer lies with Square Enix's history, and that's where a tie in with multi-platform Square Enix title - The Last Remnant - comes into play.

http://www.squareunion.com/site.php?p=News&c=If+You+Want+The+FFXIII+Demo+Start+Saving+For+Last+Remnant&id=109

Square Enix have just killed 360 sales of this game.

Around the Network

Well I didn't understand it at first but then I read the link and I got it..

So The Last Renmant will include a FFXIII demo;.Well pretty clever...of them.

playnext3 said:

Just recently, Square Enix star, Tetsuya Nomura, told the press a Final Fantasy XIII demo is on the way, sometime this year, but what exactly was meant by this has been left up in the air. A demo for Expos? A PSN release? Square Union dives into the mind of Square Enix and unearths what the gaming giant is more than likely going to do with the demo. The answer lies with Square Enix's history, and that's where a tie in with multi-platform Square Enix title - The Last Remnant - comes into play.

http://www.squareunion.com/site.php?p=News&c=If+You+Want+The+FFXIII+Demo+Start+Saving+For+Last+Remnant&id=109

The White Engine is a multiplatform engine.  They should put the demo on 360 as well... just to sell more PS3s.

Kasz216 said:
playnext3 said:

The White Engine is a multiplatform engine. They should put the demo on 360 as well... just to sell more PS3s.

That would just make people wait for an extremly likely 360 version of FF13.....

I has not been confirmed yet, but I'm going to get this game anyway. If they do include a FF XIII, it will become a million seller for sure

Around the Network

> That would just make people wait for an extremly likely 360 version of FF13.....

yesss.... let it manifest it into a disease. ;)

I have nooo idea why people would say this, especially if you are a 360 owner, why do you want to set yourself up for 'most likely' disappointment?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

{starts saving up}

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

why release a free demo when you can milk your fans by making them pay?
anyway, when is Last remnants release date?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

iclim4 said:
why release a free demo when you can milk your fans by making them pay?
anyway, when is Last remnants release date?

It was announced for Jap/US release in Q2 2008, so we should get some more info on it soon, or at least be told that it is delayed. They will boost the sales of the last remnant this way, and when people find out that it is a good game (let's just assume that) then they will tell their friends to buy it, an they get the bonus of an FF XIII demo. Anyway, I don't think this demo is going to be like GT 5 Prologue, more along the lines of a 30 minute gameplay session

Wow, that's pretty cool. And forget 360 sales if anyone happens to have both HD consoles, haha.