By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Was the Fortaleza/720 PDF leak in 2012 real?

Again, why are you on this thread?  Fortzaleza is a Microsoft research project.  It's not a Sony thing. It's not a PS4 thing; why even bring up PS4?

So you admit that the PS3 was at the same time far behind Xbox One.  Nice, thanks for that.  As far as stabilizing, you could look at next month sales, and they will most likely be quite a bit different.  But you have to admit it’s a bit silly to ascribe stabilization in the first few months of a new console.

Sony has in rumor talked to Occulus, but so has Microsoft. So that means what exactly?  Or are you just pick and choosing what you want to believe?

PS4 making quite a bit of money for Sony?  Now, now, who is spreading FUD?  Sony has forecast to lose quite a bit of money this year.  And that's including the sales of PC and TV.

You don't know anything about me.  Your assumptions and accusation are not welcome and not accurate.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
Zappykins said:

Again, why are you on this thread?  Fortzaleza is a Microsoft research project.  It's not a Sony thing. It's not a PS4 thing; why even bring up PS4?

Oh Jesus Christ SELNOR was the one who brought up Playstation. I don't see you attacking him. 

So you admit that the PS3 was at the same time far behind Xbox One.  Nice, thanks for that.  As far as stabilizing, you could look at next month sales, and they will most likely be quite a bit different.  But you have to admit it’s a bit silly to ascribe stabilization in the first few months of a new console.

That's exactly what stabilizing is, stock is plentiful and launch hype is over. Titanfall will provide a boost for a couple of weeks but it won't suddenly make the XBO dominate in the US. That's what Nintendo fans thought 3D World would do for the WiiU. No one game has ever changed the course for an entire console. It doesn't happen. 

Sony has in rumor talked to Occulus, but so has Microsoft. So that means what exactly?  Or are you just pick and choosing what you want to believe?

Sony is rumored to have their own VR tech, it's been getting talked about for a while now. And why would Oculus even be talking to MS or Sony, they have stated consoles are too weak for their VR tech. 

PS4 making quite a bit of money for Sony?  Now, now, who is spreading FUD?  Sony has forecast to lose quite a bit of money this year.  And that's including the sales of PC and TV.

Do you read? I said the GAMING DIVISION IS POSTING A PROFIT DURING A LAUNCH QUARTER. That means the PS4 IS MAKING MONEY. Unfortunately other Sony divisions are bringing them down but gaming is doing well. STOP putting words into my mouth. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

selnor1983 said:
Anyone who says this gen is even remotely over is wrong. PS4 has won nothing. A good start, but MS are following their own vision. Something I don't think Sony has. Sony reacted and took out PS Eye to be cheaper. But their future is what, more PS3.5 games?

5 years from now I really feel PS will be in trouble as a brand. It will not have moved forward.

What does this have to do with this thread? 

Mmmfishtacos said:
selnor1983 said:
Anyone who says this gen is even remotely over is wrong. PS4 has won nothing. A good start, but MS are following their own vision. Something I don't think Sony has. Sony reacted and took out PS Eye to be cheaper. But their future is what, more PS3.5 games?

5 years from now I really feel PS will be in trouble as a brand. It will not have moved forward.

I'm just surprised that my thread was three days old and he found it.

JoeTheBro said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
selnor1983 said:

I'm just surprised that my thread was three days old and he found it.

I wouldn't have bothered if I realized how old the thread was. lol. Opps to late now. 

Anyway, OT because i forgot that too. 

I think it's was real, but their plan changed. I bet their road map looks far different now.

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:

Wow, I am amazed you know the future.  Wow, TitanFall, the most anticipated game in years, with the biggest hype since like ever, will only boost Xbox One sales for two weeks?  That's an amazing claim.  While many might make fun of your for it, I'll just say it's out there. Time will show if it's 100% accurate or some for of delusion.

I am surprised you didn’t' know Oculus has talked to both MS and Sony with your apparent clairvoyance.  I know people went on, and on, an on how Sony would NEVER CHARGE for multi player.  That it would always be free on the PlayStation.  How is that working out now that it's pay only multiplayer PS4?

Yes, I saw the gaming division made a tiny amount of money, and they also state they will lose money by the time the financial year is over. Doesn't mean the PS4 is making money.  The PS3 is pretty cheap to manufacture now and other PS+ sales could be making revenue.  Plus old games, rather naïve to assume the PS4 has anything to do with it, as they stated they would be losing money on every unit.

Right, so we are hear to talk about Microsoft's rumors on the new 3D glasses.  Care to add anything to that discussion?

So no apology for the horrible assumptions and allegations you made?  I'm waiting.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Tell me a funny joke!

Mmmfishtacos said:

I wouldn't have bothered if I realized how old the thread was. lol. Opps to late now. 

I think it's was real, but their plan changed. I bet their road map looks far different now.

Ah, cool, any gossip or rumors? 

Do you think they will work with the people who made the Riff or still make their own?

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

Do you think they will work with the people who made the Riff or still make their own?

No just my own speculation. 

I wouldn't think so, if the road map was real, then they have been working on the glasses for a long time and have plenty of proto types, I couldn't see Riff being useful to MS in that situation. 

Mmmfishtacos said:
Zappykins said:

I wouldn't think so, if the road map was real, then they have been working on the glasses for a long time and have plenty of proto types, I couldn't see Riff being useful to MS in that situation. 

I was thinking that too.  But did you see the new Riff? I has little LED's all over it, and a camera capture.  MS Could put those LED in infrared and use Kinect.  Just seems to similar for their not to be a connection. 

Why did add IR LED's to the controller?

I know they have been hinting on 'big secret' projects and they have canceled that thing that changes your room with lights, illumiroom.  So what are they? hmm

Other than glasses, what else might it be?  (Props with lights in them like a light saber?)

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Zappykins said:

I was thinking that too.  But did you see the new Riff? I has little LED's all over it, and a camera capture.  MS Could put those LED in infrared and use Kinect.  Just seems to similar for their not to be a connection. 

Why did add IR LED's to the controller?

I know they have been hinting on 'big secret' projects and they have canceled that thing that changes your room with lights, illumiroom.  So what are they? hmm

Other than glasses, what else might it be?  (Props with lights in them like a light saber?)

Who knows, maybe they'll show something at E3.