By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Sports Review

I got to play wii sports yesterday. And here is my review.

Tennis -  Only One court ,  no one on one , you can't move your character , how hard you swing has nothing to do with what happens. :(

Bowling - My least favorite , extremely boring , No replayability , not even with friends:(

Golf - 9 holes? One course? No arms ? Well that is every game. Playing the same 9 holes over and over .... Yikes

Boxing - Nunchuck required , no uppercuts , can't move players head

Baseball - 3 innings, no bunts , there should be more

The whole game feels very limited , also extremely overrated. No replayability. it doesn't seem there was any effort to make this game fun. 5 games that aren't good and horrible graphics. You also have to go out and buy a remote and nunchuck separately. Since its free , I'll put the score up a point , though.

Overall - 5/10

PSN NAME : CommonCriminal

Now Playing : The Orange Box , Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare

KH3 Bet :

"I, Badonkadonkhr, risk 1 week ban by claiming KH3 will be Sony exclusive, if I am found wrong, I will also start a thread praising those who were right"

Around the Network

The game is fun with friends but that is everything =/.

nothing to see here.

It sounds like you're rating it poorly because you're looking for a totally different kind of game. Wiisports is an incredibly fun and replayable game. It's the game I find myself going back to more than anything else. It's not a deep full fledged sports game, but that's like criticizing Tetris for not having a great story.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Baseball has bunts you just got to know how to do it. Same with uppercuts on boxing, uppercuts are best done with the Wii remote, they're hard to hit as well but do a lot of damage. Tennis has two courts but you have to hit something to get the blue one to pop up I forget what it is.

Rest of the games are fun with friends, I mostly stick to baseball and boxing, training mode is the best for tennis to me.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

actually you hold down something or other to get a blue court in tennis

bowling no replayability? you must suck. try the spin control games

and like hell you cant bunt in baseball, you just get out every time...

and you can move your head in boxing! you just tilt your body

in conclusion, you have not played wii sports, or you just suck.

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

I really don't want to respond to this....

the way I see it.

There is always people out there who enjoy different things than you. I love FF, my ex never liked it (other than FFVIII), she loves to play tetris on her cell, and she plays it over and over and over, I never understood why.

A cat would get entertaining for years from a ball of string, doesn't mean you and I will.

You and I will never enjoy Wiisport, but there are people who do.

and that's my review of the game.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

hehehe..pretty much all your complaints are because you dont know how to play the games, rather than actual faults of the game.

Why not try playing for more than.... 5 minutes?

Wii sports is like a 9/10.

its great for what it is ...i'd even say its a system selller.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY