By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Some of your favorite games from Generation 7 that DID NOT get critical acclaim...

arcane_chaos said:
1) Castelvania: Lord of Shadow; one of the best games to come out the 7th generation, it still pisses me off at the people that call it a "God of War clone" or others that say "Castlevania should stick to it's 2D format." LoS had a very good story with probably one of the best endings in gaming history(with a PHENOMENAL soundtrack to boot) it my favorite castlevania game and I'm eargly awaiting Casltevania: LoS 2

2) Crimson Gem Saga- one of the best RPG's to have come out on the PSP(maybe this generation) the game has completely flew under many people radar because of it being on the PSP system but it was a very solid RPG that and ending that awaits me for the sequel we'll never have...DAMMIT ATLUS!!!

3) Folklore: my first PS3 game so I always have a soft spot for it but dman that game was nice, story was very interesting, and it looked pretty good visually, at the time many people were showing off Heveanly Sword to prove its graphical prowess but I think folklore did a better job.

4) Spec ops: The Line: picked this up thank to PS+ as I always wanted to play this but didn't have the money when it came out but DAMN! one of the best(and toughest) shooters I ever played! with one of the most "WTF" endings I've ever seen

5) Radiant Historia: Has entered my realm of one of the best RPG's ever made" absolutely brilliant story along with a good mixed od tactical and turn-based combat...nothing more to say than BUY THIS GAME NOW!!!

I need to check Radiant Historia out! You are not the first person I have hear mention that game! And I don't know Lords of Shadow did kind of get quite a bit of praise hence the 2nd one coming out. But I did hate the GOW clone talk as well.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

I need to check Neir out because I have never played it along with Renosance of Fate.

SvennoJ said:
Majin and the forsaken kingdom. Great 3D action/puzzle/platformer nobody played.

I thought the game was LOTS of fun. My son used to love watching me play that game and always wants to play it himself.

Sleeping dogs. Enjoyed it more than GTA V. Its really great.

Viking: Battle for Asgard.

Dem epic battles.

Around the Network

Mirror's Edge, it has its flaws (mainly the combat) but it was a fresh idea, well executed and it looked absolutely beautiful.

Signature goes here!

Spec-Ops The Line

Beyond Two Souls

Heavenly Sword

Timeshift

X-Blades

Lollipop Chainsaw, one of the best games of the generation. Though I'm not surprised it didn't get high scores.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Alan Wake and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

Crazy but I have NEVER played Sleeping Dogs or Mirror Edge but they are two games that I am very interested in. I need to go ahead and pick them both up.