By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation 4 Launched in Japan!

I think its going to go well.

Around the Network

There's going to be a stream of the launch in Japan. Has anyone got a link to the best place to watch, please.

The PS5 Exists. 

BaldrSkies said:

um is that guy ok?? Looks like he is being sexually harrased from behind

I want to see what a strong console can do in a handheld dominate market. Since consoles are dead and all.

Around the Network

Looking forward to it.

Their really should have been a awesome countdown oh well =p.

So according to that article preorders are sold out, does the preorder thread track pre order numbers of consoles?

Have Sony promised additional day 1 stock like they did in the west for those that are willing to Queue?

Albicant said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Albicant said:
It should be a decent launch over here, hopefully it can bring console gaming back into the spotlight a little.

All you see these days are people playing and talking about smartphone games. (Apart from the elementary kids, they're still firmly in Nintendo country).

You 3ds games? Because I doubt anyone there cares about smartphone games.

Nope - smartphone games. Puzzle and Dragons currently leading the charge. Even only a few years ago the trains would be full of DS's and PSP's, but recently as soon as anyone is old enough to have a smartphone then that is basically their primary gaming platform. I'm pretty sure Japan is the biggest market worldwide for smartphone games actually.

Don't you just love when people outside of Japan and potentially never been to japan comment on how things are in japan in a way that makes it seems as if they're completely oblivious to reality?

Line games and Puzzle and Dragons are the kings of Japan, Line and its associated games spread across Japan like the february snow :P

lucidium said:
Albicant said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Albicant said:
It should be a decent launch over here, hopefully it can bring console gaming back into the spotlight a little.

All you see these days are people playing and talking about smartphone games. (Apart from the elementary kids, they're still firmly in Nintendo country).

You 3ds games? Because I doubt anyone there cares about smartphone games.

Nope - smartphone games. Puzzle and Dragons currently leading the charge. Even only a few years ago the trains would be full of DS's and PSP's, but recently as soon as anyone is old enough to have a smartphone then that is basically their primary gaming platform. I'm pretty sure Japan is the biggest market worldwide for smartphone games actually.

Don't you just love when people outside of Japan and potentially never been to japan comment on how things are in japan in a way that makes it seems as if they're completely oblivious to reality?

Line games and Puzzle and Dragons are the kings of Japan, Line and its associated games spread across Japan like the february snow :P

'It's just like one of my Japanese anime!'

(Also - screw the february snow. I was stuck on a train for twelve hours in the blizzard ten days ago!)