By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did you like Dark Souls or Skyrim more......? and why.

Mr Puggsly said:
Apples and oranges.

This.

And I liked Oblivion better than both combined.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Dark souls is in my top 10, Skyrim doesn't even make my top 50.

Dark souls' fully 3 dimensional hand crafted world is beautifully stitched together and thanks to the difficulty, every path, shortcut and corner will be lodged into your mind by the end of the game. Very satisfying combat once you figure it out.

Skyrim's outside world is very well crafted, but the dungeons are all forgettable, repetitive, stitched together from template pieces. Combat becomes laughably easy, I had crafted a 100% reduction destruction spell set and could carpet bomb the most powerful destruction spells to infinity. Challenge none.

Dark Souls because I found it fun :P Skyrim I put 20 hours into put it down one day and never picked it up again.

Dark Souls. Skyrim has atrocious combat, animation and story. Nice scenery simulator though.

Skyrim because I love exploring that world and interacting with NPCs. Dark Souls felt empty and dead.

Around the Network

Haven't played much of Skyrim but Dark Souls was insane, truly one of the best games this gen. Everything was perfect in terms of combat, atmosphere, art, and especially difficulty. If you said it was too hard then you're obviously doing it wrong.

skyrim was an awful bland game, terrible combat. Dark Souls is better in any way.

Dark souls. The difficulty was perfect and the bosses were designed nicely. Love that game.

"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire

Platinumed Destiny, Vanquish, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Catherine, and Metal Gear Rising. Get on my level!!

Get your Portable ID!                                                                                     

Played both, though just one playthrough of d souls. You can't compare any game really to dark souls, but i did prefer skyrim due to it having much more features. On the other hand darksouls is amazing, with a world that doesn't need a story or cutscenes and with amazing combat.

Demon's Souls > Dark Souls >>>>> Skyrim. Now if we were to take Morrowind into account...