By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forbes: Microsoft Should Give XBox One To Nintendo

JoeTheBro said:
Why would Nintendo want them?

THIS...

Having the CAPABILITY does not automatically translate into positives without the WILL.  To acquire the Xbox Division just to make 1080p Mario & Luigi's is...ridiculous.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
DJEVOLVE said:
Normchacho said:

What mistakes did you notice? You seem to disagree with the article but have yet to explain why?

Xbox 360 made money, a lot of money.

360 did make a lot of money, but it also lost a lot of money in its early years. OG XBOX lost a ton of money.

XBONE isn't doing good right now. Titanfall and Halo can/will help, but at the moment it's similar to the OG XBOX or the 360 early in its life. I highly doubt they're making money off the system right now. Console launches themselves are super expensive and the as of late low sales aren't helping. Investors could be more worried about the losses today than the potential returns five years from now.

I think the XBOX vision of being a home entertainment hub is the main reason why Microsoft won't give up the division. If it was just about money they would have ditched the brand a long time ago.

i agree with the main hub thing but they are trying to do it in at a time when people dont necessarily watch tv or have cut the cord.  alot of my friends im 32 they are around my age dont have cable tv service anymore and dont have tvs in the way we did when we were kids, the tv in the living room has either basic cable or a pc hooked to it.  the time for the hub has passed and in the process of making thier "hub" they have become a jack of all trades master of none.

Why on earth would Nintendo want another struggling console, they need to turn Wii U around first.

Sorry Forbes, but two people are needed to dance a waltz and the last thing Nintendo needs is more problems.

Nintendo+Microsoft I don't think Sony fans would want that combination at all.

Around the Network

It's also a question for the developers and publishers because the people want more and more and so the development and everything else will cost everyboday more and more money. And that means they need more and more success with their games. AAA-titles have to sell enough that they can earn money in some way. I see a selfdestruction in the market. I think we shouldn't expect the best for the lowest price. We should pay for quality that the market still makes some profit. Otherwise we destroy the developers for hardware and software because they will not improve if they have not the money.

And Nintendo+Microsoft? Maybe we would see the ultimate motion controls... It is hard to imagine that firms work together which are so different. But I think it could be a nice step for great upcoming games and I want to play as the Master Chief in the next Smash. weird... I don't think this will happen^^

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

This article isn't from Forbes.

NobleTeam360 said:
Nintendo+Microsoft I don't think Sony fans would want that combination at all.

Mario + Halo + Zelda + Forza + Mario Kart + Fable + Smash Bros + Gears of War + Donkey Kong

That's a scary combination especially if Nintendo started getting all of the 3rd Party games.  Shoot even if they didn't it wouldn't matter.

kowenicki said:
supernihilist said:
kowenicki said:

To add.

This charmer has done about a dozen "articles" on Microsoft over the last 4 years or so... all of them negative, the first one from 2010 entitled "microsoft's dismal future"

He clearly has an agenda.

i see nothing wrong on that, at least in the console deparment, Msoft is wasting their own time and mone on a declining market that has 2 way more stablished brands. they should move on.

Well unfortunately you cant shift the stories to just consoles to suit your point... his stories are about MS corp.

The guy regualrly takes a shit on MS as a corporation.

He has no credibility and is just another in the long line of vocal anti ms bleaters.  Some people just dont like successful corporations.

he is talking clearly about MSoft gaming segment here, plus even if you were right, my point still stands

I´m not sure if Microsoft should do that, but a collaboration between them and Nintendo could have a great result, but besides that.....

....Great article. One of the few articles about the videogame market that seems to take the matter seriously and realistically. The real fact is that all three big console manufacturers are in trouble and need to review its paradigms