By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My opinion of the titanfall beta.

Seems like everyone's enjoying it.

Around the Network

I have a problem with the AI, It is really pathetic at how bad they really are (though this is just the beta), seriously they are just there to make your points go up. Also the fact that it is 6v6 makes the maps feel much smaller then they actually are, the truth is that usually only about 1/4th of the map is being used at any given moment, and i truly wish that the battles were of larger scale, It just feels like they are so empty in some areas like you could just wait there until the end.
Anyways those are really the only gripes I have with the game, other then that it is a Solid Game and doesn't deserve a whole lot of flack, so go and play the Beta while you still can and if you are a fan of shooter's you owe it to yourself to at least try it. With all that said though if you are just attacking this game cuz it's not on your console of choice then well .. get over yourself

Also a tiny gripe the graphics of this game are kinda bad though still the Beta so I'll hold my tongue till the game is out officially and see the final product.

butcherknife said:
Captain_Tom said:
I agree pretty much 100% with the OP, However I would also add that:

1) It look like a game from 2008
2) The mechs and parkour are innovative. And that is it. Everything else is the most generic of a thing you can get. The few weapons the game has are bland, the few game modes you can play are generic, and the sounds are pulled straight from COD4.

My opinion is that this game needed one more creative director involved and a much bigger budget.

This is just the beta...so it will look better. How much better...we will have to wait and see. I think Respawn said they only had about 60 staff...so maybe they needed a bigger budget and more staff? We can hope that Titanfall 2 will probably be a decent step-up up from Titanfall 1 and could be fantastic...and will probably be on PS4, too.

Well there is definately plenty of room for improvement.  I do like the concept at least!  But when I say 2008, I am not exagerating.  BF3 ALPHA, looked better....

starcraft said:
lt_dan_27 said:

I don't see how what you're saying makes sense. Everyone but you agrees that they're annoyingly easy. 

I am not denying they are easy?

Especially with the smart gun, which is pretty much just a handy grunt killer.  What I am saying is that they are not, in-and-of-themselves, designed to be a challenge to you, a pilot.  So to say they're easy, and therefore the AI is dumb, is extraordinarily counter-intuitive, as their particular AI is not meant to be challenging in direct combat.

I'm saying that if I stare at an AI for 5 seconds, it should have already won. It shouldn't be a challenge, but it should be possible to be killed by one. 

Muffin31190 said:

I have a problem with the AI, It is really pathetic at how bad they really are (though this is just the beta), seriously they are just there to make your points go up. Also the fact that it is 6v6 makes the maps feel much smaller then they actually are, the truth is that usually only about 1/4th of the map is being used at any given moment, and i truly wish that the battles were of larger scale, It just feels like they are so empty in some areas like you could just wait there until the end.
Anyways those are really the only gripes I have with the game, other then that it is a Solid Game and doesn't deserve a whole lot of flack, so go and play the Beta while you still can and if you are a fan of shooter's you owe it to yourself to at least try it. With all that said though if you are just attacking this game cuz it's not on your console of choice then well .. get over yourself

Also a tiny gripe the graphics of this game are kinda bad though still the Beta so I'll hold my tongue till the game is out officially and see the final product.

People need to stop saying that it's only the beta. I've read many of the responses to this thread, so it's not directed only at you. Is it JUST the beta? Yes, but that doesn't mean that it isn't almost the final product. The graphics will improve a little, but it's going to look the same overall. Most betas I've played have slighty worse graphics than the full version. It won't make a very below average looking game to great. Also, the AI will not improve much, if at all. And also, I'm not hating on this game because it isn't on my console of choice. I think this game brings a lot of good ideas to the table. It's just executed somewhat poorly. 

Around the Network
lt_dan_27 said:
starcraft said:
lt_dan_27 said:

I don't see how what you're saying makes sense. Everyone but you agrees that they're annoyingly easy. 

Especially with the smart gun, which is pretty much just a handy grunt killer.  What I am saying is that they are not, in-and-of-themselves, designed to be a challenge to you, a pilot.  So to say they're easy, and therefore the AI is dumb, is extraordinarily counter-intuitive, as their particular AI is not meant to be challenging in direct combat.

I'm saying that if I stare at an AI for 5 seconds, it should have already won. It shouldn't be a challenge, but it should be possible to be killed by one. 

To each their own I guess.  I don't really see it that way because I don't feel the grunts were ever meant to be a specific challenge to experienced players, but I can see your point about how they could become frustrating.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
lt_dan_27 said:
starcraft said:
lt_dan_27 said:

To each their own I guess.  I don't really see it that way because I don't feel the grunts were ever meant to be a specific challenge to experienced players, but I can see your point about how they could become frustrating.

But a 5 second delay time isn't really a challenge lol. 

starcraft said:
lt_dan_27 said:
starcraft said:
lt_dan_27 said:

they shouldnt be so bad. the problem is, its for the CoD player. a casual game, a normal AI would piss of to much people.