By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Velocity Stream, an F-Zero styled game, coming to Wii U.

Tagged games:

What do you think about Velocity Stream?

Looks Great!! 7 17.07%

Looks Alright! 6 14.63%

Looks OK. 14 34.15%

Terrible!! 3 7.32%

Why you no F-Zero!!!! 11 26.83%

Total:41

Before more people say "looks bad": This game is being made by 6 people.

http://www.indiedb.com/games/velocity-stream

Around the Network
t3mporary_126 said:
Man, I hope an original F-Zero makes a comeback on home console soon and I hope Mario Kart 8's anti-gravity isn't Nintendo's answer for it because the developers were discouraged with F-Zero GX's sales numbers.

Yeah I want a new F-Zero game as well. Sadly, F-Zero GX was a largely underrated game.

It wasn't under-rated. It underperformed. Something completely different :(

I really want to see a new F-Zero, but it seems Nintendo have no interest in bringing that franchise back in any meaningful way :(

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Nintendo should pay these guys to make a new F-Zero!

Seriously though, I like the game's artstyle. But it looks low-budget and boring. And yes it does look worse than GX.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Looks really clunky and unfinished  

But I just did some research and the ideas behind the game, specifically asymmetrical multiplayer, sound really promising.

Apparently, the "paver" creates a beam of energy in its wake. All the other "racers" try to race along this user-created track. The goal of the paver is to create a road so difficult that the racers fall off. The goal of the racers is to reach the paver. Sounds really cool.

Wow, actually that does sound really neat! Pretty cool, I'll be keeping an eye on this game, then. Never heard of it until now, and it does look very rough at the moment, however that can be fixed.

Though I'm confident even the finished product will look pretty bad compared to Fast Racing Neo... that one's bound to look incredible, knowing Shin'en.

Too bad we'll have to wait a long while. It's due out on PC this summer, but apparently the devs don't even have Wii U dev kits yet...

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

Looks and sounds really promising. The replayability should be massive considering the concept.

Who needs a new F-Zero game for the Wii U when we have this?! The people who are making fun of this game are going to miss out on one hell of a game. Shame on all of them.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

TheLastStarFighter said:

Seriously though, I like the game's artstyle. But it looks low-budget and boring. And yes it does look worse than GX.

Personally, Shin'en would do a better take on F-Zero than Cavelight.

TheLegendaryWolf said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

Personally, Shin'en would do a better take on F-Zero than Cavelight.

Of course they would.  The first sentence is sarcasm, because people always say that about Shin'en.  This game looks very weak.

The asymmetric aspect sounds interesting, but it's too dark and looks very slow.