80-85% 40 12.42%

85-90% 96 29.81%

90-95% 100 31.06%

95-100% 41 12.73%

Over 9000 30 9.32%

Total:321
osed125 said:
lucidium said:
92-95 because reviewers don't have the balls to rate it any less.

Quarter to three confirmed to be the most hardcore gaming site ever created.

Actual syndicated, business run media sites not hobby blogs.

Around the Network

85-90

lucidium said:
osed125 said:
lucidium said:

The only difference between the two is that one gets it's money from a fat suit and the other doesn't. 

The people who run them are identical. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Samus Aran said:

It's still a long way off till Mario Kart 8 gets released, so this thread may come a little too early, but I'm quite excited about this game. 

The track designs look to be the most ambitious ever by far. There will be vehicle customisation(you'll see it as well if you play close attention to the trailers) and most likely the biggest character roster of any Mario Kart game. Graphically it perhaps is the best looking Wii U game so far. 

I don't think a Mario Kart game has ever been able to attain a ´90%+ score on metacritic, but this might be the first one. I think it will score 91%. 

Id be surprised if it got over 85-90, but as usual, it won't matter.  Im going to buy it!

osed125 said:
lucidium said:
osed125 said:
lucidium said:

The only difference between the two is that one gets it's money from a fat suit and the other doesn't. 

The only difference being the fat suits are paid in advertising and delivering specific trends and through use of multiple sites run under the same owners influence more strongly the success and general opinion of a title.

hobby sites generate money solely from programs such as AdSense, as such generating traffic is a higher priority because nobody higher up is paying them to do their job, with ad revenue so high on thier priorities list what you get is sensationalism and artificially low or high scoring that goes against the general flow on purpose to stand out.

With that in mind I am far from surprised that a small blog would be the most willing, in your eyes, to score a particular game lower or higher than the rest.

The age of integrity, morality and values not only doesn't exist, it never did. The whole purpose for the existence of these sites is to earn money, but I sense you're still under the impression that "theres a few sites out there that will value honesty and their opinions over money" you are however, simply doing a valiant job of kidding yourself.

Around the Network
lucidium said:
osed125 said:

The only difference being the fat suits are paid in advertising and delivering specific trends and through use of multiple sites run under the same owners influence more strongly the success and general opinion of a title.

hobby sites generate money solely from programs such as AdSense, as such generating traffic is a higher priority because nobody higher up is paying them to do their job, with ad revenue so high on thier priorities list what you get is sensationalism and artificially low or high scoring that goes against the general flow on purpose to stand out.

With that in mind I am far from surprised that a small blog would be the most willing, in your eyes, to score a particular game lower or higher than the rest.

The age of integrity, morality and values not only doesn't exist, it never did. The whole purpose for the existence of these sites is to earn money, but I sense you're still under the impression that "theres a few sites out there that will value honesty and their opinions over money" you are however, simply doing a valiant job of kidding yourself.

Holy crap you are good making assumptions, first time I see something like that here...so congrats I guess.

No need to make a pointless lengthy post; I have never bought a game based on any reviews on any site (unless you count gamers opinion of VGC as reviews), because I'm on the boat that believes 90% of reviews are being payed (for mainstream games that is)...so you are doing an amazing job making assumptions.

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:
lucidium said:
osed125 said:

Holy crap you are good making assumptions, first time I see something like that here...so congrats I guess.

No need to make a pointless lengthy post; I have never bought a game based on any reviews on any site (unless you count gamers opinion of VGC as reviews), because I'm on the boat that believes 90% of reviews are being payed (for mainstream games that is)...so you are doing an amazing job making assumptions.

I have the unique position of having worked both the amature and professional gaming journalism circuits part time whilst maintaining my job as a developer, the amount of corrupt dealings going on at both ends of the spectrum is shocking.

You may call it as assumption, I call it experience.

lucidium said:
osed125 said:

I have the unique position of having worked both the amature and professional gaming journalism circuits part time whilst maintaining my job as a developer, the amount of corrupt dealings going on at both ends of the spectrum is shocking.

You may call it as assumption, I call it experience.

"The whole purpose for the existence of these sites is to earn money, but I sense you're still under the impression that "theres a few sites out there that will value honesty and their opinions over money" you are however, simply doing a valiant job of kidding yourself."

This is the assumption part. Don't care about the rest of your post. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

We already know this will be the best Mario Kart game ever, so we shouldn't care about it's reviews moreso than usual!

osed125 said:

"The whole purpose for the existence of these sites is to earn money, but I sense you're still under the impression that "theres a few sites out there that will value honesty and their opinions over money" you are however, simply doing a valiant job of kidding yourself."

This is the assumption part. Don't care about the rest of your post. 

Good for you, have a cookie.