By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Could Titanfall's exclusivity bother Activision?

Destiny says, "Hi, I'm the next true multiplatform FPS mega franchise." Activision aren;t worried at all when it comes to the FPS online multiplayer crowd.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
Destiny says, "Hi, I'm the next true multiplatform FPS mega franchise." Activision aren;t worried at all when it comes to the FPS online multiplayer crowd.

Destiny is nothing like COD though. Other than the fact that its an fps. He's wondering if Titanfall will take the COD fans away.

binary solo said:

Activision is publishing Destiny, but isn't that Bungie's bread and butter?

Titanfall more directly competes with Activision's bread and butter, CoD.

Eitherway, I don't anticipate Titanfall having much impact on CoD. But maybe a bigger impact once its on Sony consoles.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

KylieDog said:
It won't kill CoD when it is cloning CoD so much, so many games changed to be like CoD already, none killed it, Titanfall won't either.

Respawn is cloning the game that they made? Nah I'd say they're evolving it. Good amount of people like the beta, you should try it.

As long as MS keep paying for those map pack early release, Activision don't care. They have 70 plus million potential extra customers to sell to.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Yes, I think they have been angry since the TitanFall debut. Plus let's not forget there was a big lawsuit with the guys that left Activision that made it.

It think that's part of the reason Sony got some exclusives for AC4, and some other stuff.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

HumdrumPie said:

Well, it looks like EA might finally have a CoD killer with Titanfall, a game that has the full power of Microsoft behind it. I can't imagine Activision being happy about this, especially since the CoD map pack deal helped push the 360. Do you think there will be any reaction from Activision? 

I think CoD has reached it's peak, but I wouldn't count it out just yet. Activision could simply say no more map pack exclusivity and have the next CoD map packs released on all platforms at the same time, or put a little extra i the PS4 version of Destiny. 

On the contrary, I imagine Activision are ecstatic with Titanfall's exclusivity as it will not be available on what might be the most hyped system we have seen in a long while, plus there are another 80million PlayStation 3 users who are also unable to buy the game. Had the game been multi-platform then I imagine Activision would be worried, but as it stands I don't think they care.

COD may have reached its peak but it still makes titanfall look shallow.
I think activision should be more worried about how EA bounce back with BF5 after the BF4 slip up.

Mr Puggsly said:
mibuokami said:

Activision thinks of XB1 as a console they can sell millions of games on.

Fixed

You missed the sarcasm. You didn't fix statement, just repeated it.

jlmurph2 said:
mibuokami said:
jlmurph2 said:

Well then I wonder what they think of Wii U.

A Nintendo console built by Nintendo for Nintendo with bad online infrastructure and no existing audience for online shooters.

Or a hooker.

One of those.

So what possesses them to make COD for it?

Hooker? (what it's gotta be one or the other right?)