By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry analysis: Titanfall beta on Xbox One and PC

Eh, it's a cross-gen title. There is a low ceiling in place. With that in mind, I'm not surprised at all that the effect-heavy mecha segments suffer. When you consider everything they can do, that's quite a jump from kicking people in the head or bullet effects.

Around the Network

I still don't understand why this isn't 1080p.

dsp333 said:

1080p means a good game? Tell that to Killzone Shadow Fall and COD Ghosts...

foodfather said:
dsp333 said:

No 1080p means the hardware is good not just expensive

Anyone with the beta? What your take?

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
foodfather said:
dsp333 said:

No, 1080p makes a good game better. His question is why this good game isn't made better.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
deskpro2k3 said:
vivster said:
Wasn't "exclusive" games supposed to look better and not worse than multiplat?
So what is holding this one back?

my bets is on the cloud

But but but the cloud is going to make everything better and not worse :(

Source, they are using the Source engine. Left 4 Dead 2 with mechs >_> Im not sure what effect the 360 version has on the rest of the product.

foodfather said:
dsp333 said:

I think he means for the visuals on show he expects 1080p, 900p minimum. Though the X1s GPU seems to be struggling right now. CoD: Ghosts for example. Nothing to do with the quality of the game itself.

SubiyaCryolite said:
foodfather said:
dsp333 said:

I think he means for the visuals on show he expects 1080p, 900p minimum. Though the X1s GPU seems to be struggling right now. CoD: Ghosts for example. Nothing to do with the quality of the game itself.

Except that it does have something to do with the game's quality, no one ever mentioned quality(by which I assume you mean fun).

It's a fair question to ask because:

1. this is supposed to be a next gen game

2. It's an exclusive, so it should be better optimized

3. MS and Respawn both touted the great potential and power of the cloud which whould help make the game run better by outsourcing some CPU cycles to the cloud.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

SubiyaCryolite said:
Anyone with the beta? What your take?

Even on PC with max settings it looks ugly. Apart from the image quality, it feels like a 360 game. Super fan to play though.