By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My theory on the wiis power.

sc94597 said:
skip said:
sc94597 said:
skip said:
sc94597 said:
Something I will also like to add. I feel really sorry for the people who have sdtvs and bought a 360 and ps3 but not get the benefits of the hd. Also they should make sd versions of games these versions could have better textures,shading,more polygons, frame rates so people who don't have hd get to enjoy the supposed to be all powerful graphics too. If the consoles didn't produce hd they might even rival pc gaming with those specs for about 2 years.
someone needs to go to school more often.

Someone has to explain how I need to go to school more often. If you are talking about my grammer then fine maybe my grammer sucks on the internet because I don't feel like taking 30mins to proofread my whole post. If you are talking about the contents of my post then explain how that has anything to do with school. Also the time you spend in school doesn't determine your overall knowlege. I missed 11 days the whole year so far and my first quarter grades were all perfect 99s and my second quarter were all high 90s. If you don't believe me I will scan my report card and even direct you to my schools website where they have me listed on the high honors which you need 95+ in all of your academic classes. This could also be classified as trolling because it is off topic and causes an emotional response. If not for trolling this could be classified as personal targeting somebody. So please if you don't have anything that correlates by the littlest means to the main topic don't post.

It's not the grammar it's the fact that you posted a bunch of nonsensical, and contradictory gibberish.

Why don't you counteract my nonsensical gibberish with details rather than infer that I have no intelligence.

the only thing that is improved by downgrading from hd (a special sd only game version) is framerate.  The quality of textures is limited to how many pixels it is composed of therefore hd improves textures.  How can the consoles rival pc gaming without rendering in hd seeing as pc has been hd for many years and is even moving into hd-hd

Around the Network
skip said:
sc94597 said:
skip said:
sc94597 said:
skip said:
sc94597 said:
Something I will also like to add. I feel really sorry for the people who have sdtvs and bought a 360 and ps3 but not get the benefits of the hd. Also they should make sd versions of games these versions could have better textures,shading,more polygons, frame rates so people who don't have hd get to enjoy the supposed to be all powerful graphics too. If the consoles didn't produce hd they might even rival pc gaming with those specs for about 2 years.
someone needs to go to school more often.

Someone has to explain how I need to go to school more often. If you are talking about my grammer then fine maybe my grammer sucks on the internet because I don't feel like taking 30mins to proofread my whole post. If you are talking about the contents of my post then explain how that has anything to do with school. Also the time you spend in school doesn't determine your overall knowlege. I missed 11 days the whole year so far and my first quarter grades were all perfect 99s and my second quarter were all high 90s. If you don't believe me I will scan my report card and even direct you to my schools website where they have me listed on the high honors which you need 95+ in all of your academic classes. This could also be classified as trolling because it is off topic and causes an emotional response. If not for trolling this could be classified as personal targeting somebody. So please if you don't have anything that correlates by the littlest means to the main topic don't post.

It's not the grammar it's the fact that you posted a bunch of nonsensical, and contradictory gibberish.

Why don't you counteract my nonsensical gibberish with details rather than infer that I have no intelligence.

the only thing that is improved by downgrading from hd (a special sd only game version) is framerate. The quality of textures is limited to how many pixels it is composed of therefore hd improves textures. How can the consoles rival pc gaming without rendering in hd seeing as pc has been hd for many years and is even moving into hd-hd

I didn't mean to put textures.That was a mistake Sorry. There is more room for other things if you take away the power that HD consumes. Most people can't tell a huge difference anyway between hd and sd including myself. Most of this power could be put into little details such as blur effects. If you read my edit in the other post it goes more into detail. Idk how pc games could go to hd-hd which most monitors only supporting 1080p but would make me have to replace my monitor. That just proves that textures aren't better in an sd version what about th other things. Polygon count?

Ryudo said:

Wii IS only 1.5 as powerful as Gamecube. the specs show that.

The real reason I believe Nintendo went with a less powerful machine(Originally) was to save their own butts financially because at the time they could not afford to put out a machine to compete with Sony or MS financially as every console they sold since NES had had dramatic decrease in market share and it would have made them into another Sega.

So they were forced to be creative and find a way to compete in the market rather than just go to a few corps throw some money on the table and say what is the most advanced thing I can get with this much which has been the traditional market of console making.

Nintendo's former CEO Mr Yamauchi's arrogance and old age started driving that company down the tubes and was unwilling to change his ways of doing things..thankfully he stepped down Iwata took over saw if this company didn't change many things soon it was done for.

What started out as a cleanup job for Iwata he took it one step further saw something no one else did  at some point had to do a Mcgyver and use the tools he had to churn out something great and that was the DS and Wii.

When backed into a corner amazing what you can accomplish. 

The DS was Yamauchis creation and the direction for Wii was also created by Yamauchi, so he's not as stubborn as you seem to think. His stubbornes was better seen in N64, which was supposed to have all the good devs backing it and power that would be able to produce amazing games. A system, that everyone would want to develope for. Actually there was pretty strong rumors considering Revolutions specs (google Nintendo Nexus for one speculation), and i believe, that if DS had flopped, that would have been the "plan B".

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Hard to do when he left Nintendo in 2002 shortly after stepping down as CEO remained on the board a few more months before finally leaving and Iwata was named CEO in 2002 and DS came out in 2004 and Wii in 2006 and it was Iwata who patched things up with Square/3rd party which Yamauchi started the war of words with them and alienated 3rd party for so long.

Did you ever see that british TV special on Nintendo or read what Yamauchi said about Gamecube and GBA right before launch he was senile and arrogant bastard he was more insane than Kaz of Sony.

ALso did you read Steven L Kents book? 

Nexus was a fanmade photoshop deal nothing more.

DS had the 3 pillars marketing of GBA SP and GBA Micro if DS flopped it would rely on it's GB brand when Micro flopped and DS took off they dropped Micro and slowly phased out GBA SP and then announced in early 2007 GB lined was pretty much retired.

I though Yamauchi left in 2004... however even if it was 2002 it would be pretty normal for the DS to have been thought up and pondered over in 2000-2002.... the companies often start thinking about what they will be making as soon as the previous incarnation is completed.

Around the Network

For the original topic... I still claim Windwaker as my number 1 best looking game.

^ Cell Shade ftw.

If people wanted good games with 3D graphics then they would have stuck with the N64... but unfortunatley people want good graphics, which does not add to gameplay

Ryudo said:

Hard to do when he left Nintendo in 2002 shortly after stepping down as CEO remained on the board a few more months before finally leaving and Iwata was named CEO in 2002 and DS came out in 2004 and Wii in 2006 and it was Iwata who patched things up with Square/3rd party which Yamauchi started the war of words with them and alienated 3rd party for so long.

Did you ever see that british TV special on Nintendo or read what Yamauchi said about Gamecube and GBA right before launch he was senile and arrogant bastard he was more insane than Kaz of Sony.

DS had the 3 pillars marketing of GBA SP and GBA Micro if DS flopped it would rely on it's GB brand when Micro flopped and DS took off they dropped Micro and slowly phased out GBA SP and then announced in early 2007 GB lined was pretty much retired.

The concept of DS was thought by Yamauchi himself and lend to Iwata.

Yamauchi surely is a mad man, but his truly talent is that he has a good insight and made Nintendo a company always profitablebecause achieve success in first try is less usefull than survive to own mistakes.

Ryudo ( grandia 2 ? ) read my sign. That senteces was credited by IGN like the craziest quote in gaming history when few year later all people understood that that sentence summarize the "blue ocean strategy".

Said this, I think however that Iwata is a great CEO ( IMO the best ) in gaming industry.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Ryudo said:

I have read what Yamauchi has said (and Iwata), in which i based what i said. Besides, DS was started before Yamauchi left, and as a board chairman, don't you think he has something to do about how the company is lead? The 3 pillar strategy was to play it safe. If DS had flopped, they'd still have GBA. Iwata had a lot to do with bad relations with Square, but when the relations went bad? Nexus is a fanmade, i know, but it's based on the rumors considering Revolution years ago.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.