By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 destroys 360 in others.

http://kotaku.com/357883/ps3-hits-105-million-sold
Well,I'll believe they stated the "sold figures as sold ones,not shipped"because VGC say,I really don't wanna see fighting each other like in the NPD threat,we have to chill out,ioi knows what he going to do,so we have to wait patiently to him decisions.

Around the Network
trestres said:
@zackblue what are you doing here then? If you dont trust this site, and if you say that NPD is "never" wrong.
Actually NPD was wrong a few times, and they corrected it, plus ioi gave a valid reason to suspect why the PS3 numbers were higher, check the january NPD thread.
Maybe ioi is wrong but the sites reputation isnt going anywhere near the sewers.

I do trust the site more than anything, I really support the site with my life, Im just saying(as SSJ12 is) that the ps3 is being undertracked in The U.S, going be NPD(which sony and MS use as sources), and I believe the sites reputation is taking hits and dropping since people know that NPD is more accurate, and think vghartz is just estimates and bias(I know this from experience).

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

ioi doesn't seem to want to change the numbers, for better or worse. He would have changed it by now, I guess he think his numbers are better. How, I don't know.....

I'm just glad Ps3 broke 10 million sold.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

> im not sayin either are 100% correct because the NPD only sees like 43% we see like 10%. Both are estimates that both can be considered and believed. I trust VgChartz's numbers a bit more but still facts are fact.

well, I have to say that 43% sample > 10%, sorry, my love for VGC doesn't cloud my math skill. lol

Although i hate when people trying to make this as some kind of "mistake". It's estimation, and we all get it wrong sometimes. Just change the number and nobody will remember this 2 weeks from now on.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

@ ssj12

NPD has 60% of the market. VGC has less than 5%.

VGC isn't most accurate but its the best source for weekly numbers not to mention the best community.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

trestres said:
ssj12 said:
kingofwale said:
weezy said:

Wow peep it.

So in the US 360 outsells PS3 according to VGC where other source claims it being undertracked as usual and then PS3 destroys 360 in Japan as usual..

Good thing Microsoft is a few cards up its sleeve...

fixed it for ya. ;)

you mean the microsoft fanboys that wont even believe the NPD? 

How is it that you are a mod of this site, and at the same time you discredit the site?

Either NPD was wrong or VGChartz was wrong, but if you say NPD is right, why arent the numbers changed?

I know NPD has a higher sample to get its number from but such difference means one of the two is far off, and it seems to me you are saying that this site is far off... mod and bashes the site.

He's a mod of the forums and news, not the site. He never took an oath of office saying he couldn't question the numbers. I, like I would assume many, am here for the forums more then anything and take the numbers as a plus. Everyone know NPD's forums are full of mental wankers!!! (They don't have forums)

Outlaw - exactly my thoughts. I don't have to wait monthly for numbers here. thats why Im a member. The community is a bonus. If there was a weekly NPD site with no community I wouldnt be there. I always use to say "just use this site as a guidline until NPD comes out. They change their numbers if they are different" to the people who made fun of this site. Now I can't say that

outlawauron said:
@ ssj12

NPD has 60% of the market. VGC has less than 5%.

VGC isn't most accurate but its the best source for weekly numbers not to mention the best community.

I was going off the siren interview for my percentage

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I thought it was all doom and gloom. Good thing most people think for themselves.

So what do you win if your prefered console sells more than another?