By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Worst Zelda Game - A Link to the Past vs Link's Awakening

Which one is worse?

A Link to teh Past 25 22.12%

Linkseses Awakening 59 52.21%

I don't know/See results 29 25.66%

Total:113
FarleyMcFirefly said:
Nintentacle said:
VitroBahllee said:
These are two games that don't belong on ANY 'worst' list. These are two of the best games ever made.

I know, but this is to see what people think the worst Zelda is, and I can't take away over half of the Zelda games.

The 2 DS games are the worst.

Have you played Zelda II? THat game is pretty boring and repetitive. A huge step down from the original game.

Around the Network

i love links awakening.

so, alttp is worst 4 me.

A Link to the Past is incredibly fun. Link's Awakening is, for me, a 3/5 (or 7/10) game.
It's overly ambitious. It tries to be a SNES game, which is impressive - but it's a GameBoy game, an 8-bit system with only 2 buttons. It just doesn't work that well.

Also, the game tries to offer me an interesting world, setting and story, but it fails. And I dare add "miserably". All of the characters have ZERO charisma and personality, I just couldn't care less about them when I finished the game, which is pretty big flaw considering the direction the plot goes.
Now, ALttP's story is also virtually non-existent (get these items, save these people, repeat), and the characters are also like cardboard boxes. But this flaw is accentuated in A Link's Awakening because it tries something "deep".

AND THAT FUCKING MUSIC THAT PLAYS WHEN YOU GET A POWER-UP CAN GO FUCK ITSELF FOR ALL DAMN ETERNITY.

ALTTP's gameplay walks all over anything made today

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Lin's Awakening is better for me. Damn near perfect.

Around the Network

I like A Link to the Past better. Mostly because I hate the grid map of Link's Awakening.

S.Peelman said:
Cheebee said:
S.Peelman said:
Cheebee said:
What? Link's Awakening is not only the best Zelda game ever made, imo it's also the very best videogame ever conceived, period. I'm serious, too.

Alllmost .

But I like how you're seeing the light. Dutch too (according to profile), I knew there were others around here that knew what they were talking about !

Not almost, but completely! Well, imo anyway. Link's Awakening DX = perfection.

And yes, I am Dutch. We're an underrepresented bunch here on VGC, sadly. So what's your #1 Zelda, then?

I'm not original. Ocarina is my favorite. LA is easily #2, I think it's as perfect and flawless as Ocarina and basically only loses (well, "loses") because I usually like 3D games more than 2D games. It's in no peril of becoming #3 that's for sure !

Fair enough. OOT used to be my favourite as well, but in time LA took its crown, for me, even though I usually prefer 3D over 2D games too. Anyway! It's good to know there are others who appreciate LA greatness.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046