By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WiiU down YOY in every region, weekly sales are off

supernihilist said:
Seriously Seece you know what im talking about WiiU is a bomb, so is Xbox ONE, market is dying and only 3DS and PS4 will survive, barely, its time for a change. A big one.

XB1 isn't doing great (but x2.5 better than WiiU). Unlike WiiU, the price is actually a big problem. Along with having games from third parties and a clear target audience, XB1 will do alright in the long run, not as good as PS4 obviously, but it can easily carve out a decent userbase. It's not compareable to WiiU IMO. (For many obvious reasons)

Around the Network
Seece said:
supernihilist said:
Seriously Seece you know what im talking about WiiU is a bomb, so is Xbox ONE, market is dying and only 3DS and PS4 will survive, barely, its time for a change. A big one.

XB1 isn't doing great (but x2.5 better than WiiU). Unlike WiiU, the price is actually a big problem. Along with having games from third parties and a clear target audience, XB1 will do alright in the long run, not as good as PS4 obviously, but it can easily carve out a decent userbase. It's not compareable to WiiU IMO. (For many obvious reasons)

I think your bias is not letting you see the big picture. this is not about whos doing better or worst, its about a whole industry  shrinking, not even 3DS and PS4 are safe, let alone the other devices

supernihilist said:
Seece said:
supernihilist said:

I think your bias is not letting you see the big picture. this is not about whos doing better or worst, its about a whole industry  shrinking, not even 3DS and PS4 are safe, let alone the other devices

It has nothing to do with anything, it's not the reason for poor WiiU sales. PS4 is supply constrained, it'll sell better than PS3. XB1 is not in the same situation as WiiU, it's still possible for it too sell well.

For instance

PS4: 100m
360: 70m

Would more or less equal PS360 userbase.

Wii owners were never part of the industry, thus IMO it isn't contracting. There are as many 'gamers' today as there were last gen.

Handhelds speak for themselves, they're all on mobiles now.

But yeah, in the end it doesn't matter. If/when PS4/XB1 combined sell the same as PS360, third parties will do fine.

Seece said:
supernihilist said:
Seece said:
supernihilist said:

is not that bad, XboxOne is also down YoY in respect to WiiU ;)

Do you even know what YOY means? Evidently not ....

I will phrase it like i would do it for a little girl for you to understand.

XONE is also down YoY if you where to compare it to WiiU 2013 Jan monthly sales

Even a little girl wouldn't understand that. Here let me help you. Year over year. That is what YOY means. XB1 has been out 3 months.

I've never actually seen anyone on this site claim a system is down YOY by comparing it to another system ... that is just ..... darwin stuff.

Well not sure if he said little girl because you are gay... But his point stands./jk

WiiU is down YOY 29.7M because Wii sold 30M in a peak year.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
pastro243 said:
I thought that as a community we had it clear that NPD as a source is the most reliable one for the US, even then, I see a lot of new users trying to discredit them

There are some old members contesting it aswell in favor of wiiu and x1. I will discredit it in the name of psvita.

Yeah, I noticed that later, it just happened that I scrolled down the first few pages and I saw like 3 users that joined late 2013 or 2014 basicaly not knowing what NPD was.

Oh, and Go Vita! haha

Around the Network
supernihilist said:

So sad. The WiiU is not doing well and the Xbone is selling below expectations because it's expensive, so the market must be doomed. Whatever makes you feel better about the failings of your favored company i guess!

fleischr said:
drake4 said:
fleischr said:
I'm not finding NPD's official number on Nintendo hardware. Is there a link?

All I can find is that there were no numbers released to NPD by Nintendo.

I'd guess that would only make VGC's prediction as good as NPD's.

creamsuger is as offical as it gets, its 49k.

Link?

You expect like a organizational chart with creamsuger listed or a cv with his position there?  Accept the word of 99% of this forum that this guy is credible for Npd and wouldn't just post to doom others a fake leak.

About his Neogaf credentials go to the site and track him, for the numbers scroll down  On npd thread there.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
fleischr said:
drake4 said:
fleischr said:
I'm not finding NPD's official number on Nintendo hardware. Is there a link?

All I can find is that there were no numbers released to NPD by Nintendo.

I'd guess that would only make VGC's prediction as good as NPD's.

creamsuger is as offical as it gets, its 49k.

Link?

You expect like a organizational chart with creamsuger listed or a cv with his position there?  Accept the word of 99% of this forum that this guy is credible for Npd and wouldn't just post to doom others a fake leak.

About his Neogaf credentials go to the site and track him, for the numbers scroll down  On npd thread there.

So it's a guy on Neogaf vs. VGC....

I just don't think we really know enough to tell.

Still, where's the link? I'm not on neogaf -- where do I find it?

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

I did my part and bought one. I really like it

Simple fact is this generation will be the first (to my knowledge) not to outsell the previous one.

Thats a sad fact for any gamer.

I think:
Xone will be down although I couldn't estimate how bad yet
3DS will be down about 50%
Wii U and Vita will be massively down
PS4 has a good chance of being up but it has zero chance of being up enough to offset the drops above.