By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - After seeing Bayonetta 2 and 'X' in action today...

The PS4's power seems...

Better, but not THAT much better anymore... 241 15.42%

Are you crazy?! The PS4 is GOD! 349 22.33%

The Wii U is clearly unde... 741 47.41%

The PS4 is selling better... 36 2.30%

I think I'll be buying a... 191 12.22%

Total:1,558
JoeTheBro said:
fatslob-:O said:
ZyroXZ2 said:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/26/35gb-of-playstation-4-ram-reportedly-reserved-for-os

http://gimmegimmegames.com/2013/05/microsoft-confirms-xbox-one-os-uses-3gb-ram-5gb-ram-for-games/

Even I had it off... so to correct the above... (PS4 only has 512MB of flexible RAM that can be added to games)

You gotta know the difference between digital foundry speculation and PR statements.

Sony has never disclosed the operating system's reserved memory. The same applies to microsoft.

I'm pretty sure Microsoft did disclose the amount of reserved RAM. They talk a lot about their specs, oddly enough.

Sony hasn't said anything though. They just gave a clarification of what flex ram is.

How much RAM do you think the PS4 allocates to games?

Actually there is no representative from microsoft saying anything about the amount of memory reserved for the OS. Marc Whitten didn't say anything about the subject.

After hearing Brian Provinciano accounts, he did say that there were games in development using 6GB of ram but whether these games required "flexible memory" is another question so potentially game developers could either have access to 6 or 7 GB of ram of PS4's ram.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:

I'm pretty sure Microsoft did disclose the amount of reserved RAM. They talk a lot about their specs, oddly enough.

Sony hasn't said anything though. They just gave a clarification of what flex ram is.

Actually there is no representative from microsoft saying anything about the amount of memory reserved for the OS. Marc Whitten didn't say anything about the subject.

After hearing Brian Provinciano accounts, he did say that there were games in development using 6GB of ram but whether these games required "flexible memory" is another question so potentially game developers could either have access to 6 or 7 GB of ram of PS4's ram.

Wow you're right about Microsoft. It certainly seems like the cat is out of the bag, but yeah they haven't declassified it. I'm glad I don't work for them cause otherwise I'd be on a mad spree editing posts right now. I've mentioned the 3GB for the OS a lot of times.

With Sony, there doesn't seem to be a consensus between leakers and insiders on how much ram is available. I guess people will have to just keep on guessing, similar to the CPU clock.

JoeTheBro said:
JoeTheBro said:

Wow you're right about Microsoft. It certainly seems like the cat is out of the bag, but yeah they haven't declassified it. I'm glad I don't work for them cause otherwise I'd be on a mad spree editing posts right now. I've mentioned the 3GB for the OS a lot of times.

With Sony, there doesn't seem to be a consensus between leakers and insiders on how much ram is available. I guess people will have to just keep on guessing, similar to the CPU clock.

You gotta know the fine line between speculation and actual statements from a corporation but be sure not to do it again.

JoeTheBro said:

You gotta know the fine line between speculation and actual statements from a corporation but be sure not to do it again.

Not to do what again?

JoeTheBro said:
JoeTheBro said:

Not to do what again?

@Bold LOL

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
JoeTheBro said:

Not to do what again?

@Bold LOL

I only deal with Sony and Nintendo. I'm free to say the XBONE gives 5GB of RAM to games as much as I want. With the other guys yeah I usually just avoid talking specifics. It makes my life a lot easier than having to google before posting.

JoeTheBro said:
JoeTheBro said:
JoeTheBro said:

Not to do what again?

@Bold LOL

I only deal with Sony and Nintendo. I'm free to say the XBONE gives 5GB of RAM to games as much as I want. With the other guys yeah I usually just avoid talking specifics. It makes my life a lot easier than having to google before posting.

You have PS4 and WII U devkits ? 

You're kidding right? They look no better than 360 and ps3games. No where near the new consoles. I don't doubt the games will be fantastic. I'm really looking forward to x, but let's stop grasping for straws here.

JoeTheBro said:

@Bold LOL

Yeah I'm an indie guy. I keep this profile anonymous but I still have respect for NDAs.

JoeTheBro said:
JoeTheBro said:

@Bold LOL

Yeah I'm an indie guy. I keep this profile anonymous but I still have respect for NDAs.

You know anybody else here aside from CGI-quality ?