By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - After seeing Bayonetta 2 and 'X' in action today...

The PS4's power seems...

Better, but not THAT much better anymore... 241 15.42%

Are you crazy?! The PS4 is GOD! 349 22.33%

The Wii U is clearly unde... 741 47.41%

The PS4 is selling better... 36 2.30%

I think I'll be buying a... 191 12.22%

Total:1,558
Cheebee said:
Darc Requiem said:
What did someone actually compare an action game that features multiple enemies on screen to a 1v1 fighting game?

Yes, because cherrypicking.   -_-

No, because I was trying to help him out. 

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Darc Requiem said:
What did someone actually compare an action game that features multiple enemies on screen to a 1v1 fighting game?

You can leave out the fighting games if you want. I was trying to comare like for like scenes

• Facial closups
  • The environment when she talks to the kid
  • Her fighting the sage 1 on 1.

Let me replace that with a DMC4 if you want. That said care to deny that the geometry, textures and lighting is in the exact same league?

Okay, I will. DmC 720p 30fps. Bayonetta 2 1080p 60fps. Lol, yet again you are judging everything with what you see with your eyes from screen shots. The actual difference is much bigger. 

And the fighting games, yeah let's just not get into that. 

Nice try but DMC4 is 72060fps, came out in 2008 too. You can clearly tell that Bayonetta 2 is 720p from its HQ video, have you seen it? Sorry.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

bigtakilla said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Darc Requiem said:

You can leave out the fighting games if you want. I was trying to comare like for like scenes

• Facial closups

Let me replace that with a DMC4 if you want. That said care to deny that the geometry, textures and lighting is in the exact same league?

Okay, I will. DmC 720p 30fps. Bayonetta 2 1080p 60fps. Lol, yet again you are judging everything with what you see with your eyes from screen shots. The actual difference is much bigger. 

Forgot, as of the ps3 20 fps thing and 360 30fps thing, go to google and type in bayonetta ps3 vs 360 performance and watch the digtal foundry. You'll see what I'm talking about.

It seems that your lie failed. ^_^

hinch said:
bigtakilla said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Darc Requiem said:

• Facial closups

If that direct feed video is anything to come by. Bayonetta 2 is running at 720p/60fps. Not sure where that 1080p comes from.

They swore that New Super Mario Bros U and Tropical Freeze would be 1080p too. Patiently waiting for Kart and Smash. Smash could get away with it but even Kart has jaggies in every trailer seen to date. Wont have to wait long to find out 

SubiyaCryolite said:
bigtakilla said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Darc Requiem said:

• Facial closups

Nice try but DMC4 is 72060fps, came out in 2008 too. You can clearly tell that Bayonetta 2 is 720p from its HQ video, have you seen it? Sorry.

Link to dmc4 frame rate testing? 

Also, Bayonetta 2 has WAY farther draw distance, more enemies, more objects on screen. Lol, DMC 4 is like the skeleton version of Bayo 2, if Bayo 2 were 720p. And I would disagree about the textures being the same, but I digress.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
Cheebee said:
Darc Requiem said:

What? I wasn't talking about you, but him.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

SubiyaCryolite said:
hinch said:
bigtakilla said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Darc Requiem said:

• Facial closups

If that direct feed video is anything to come by. Bayonetta 2 is running at 720p/60fps. Not sure where that 1080p comes from.

They swore that New Super Mario Bros U and Tropical Freeze would be 1080p too. Patiently waiting for Kart and Smash. Smash could get away with it but even Kart has jaggies in every trailer seen to date. Wont have to wait long to find out 

Makes me smh. I wouldn't bother arguing with them, just show them proof and move on.

And this topic makes me laugh, I thought Nintendo gamers couldn't care less about graphics on other consoles. And yet, here we are.. going through the exact same thing they went through at the beggining of the 7th gen. Diminshing returns! Not so much of a leap! Rar!.. please stop. Come a few years, they'll be proven wrong. Again. Also does it really matter that Wii U has graphics closer to one platform to one another. Did it matter last gen?

If anything, graphics should be the last thing Nintendo need to worry about, they need to work on releasing the games first (in a timely manner)...

hinch said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
hinch said:
bigtakilla said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Darc Requiem said:

• Facial closups

Makes me smh. I wouldn't bother arguing with them, just show them proof and move on.

And this topic makes me laugh, I thought Nintendo gamers couldn't care less about graphics on other consoles. And yet, here we are.. going through the exact same thing they went through at the beggining of the 7th gen. Diminshing returns! Not so much of a leap! Rar!.. please stop. Come a few years, they'll be proven wrong. Again. Also does it really matter that Wii U has graphics closer to one platform to one another. Did it matter last gen?

If anything, graphics should be the last thing Nintendo need to worry about, they need to work on releasing the games first (in a timely manner)...

Lol, proof.

Cheebee said:
Darc Requiem said:
Cheebee said:
Darc Requiem said:

What? I wasn't talking about you, but him.

Sorry dude.

bigtakilla said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
bigtakilla said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Darc Requiem said:

• Facial closups

Link to dmc4 frame rate testing? 

Also, Bayonetta 2 has WAY farther draw distance, more enemies, more objects on screen. Lol, DMC 4 is like the skeleton version of Bayo 2, if Bayo 2 were 720p. And I would disagree about the textures being the same, but I digress.

"Perhaps more controversial than the rebooted storyline is the fact that Capcom enlists UK developer Ninja Theory for the new game, choosing a 30 frames-per-second update over the smooth 60FPS presentation of past titles. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-dmc-face-off

"Previous games in the series, such as Devil May Cry 4, run at 60 FPS on consoles. http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/05/why-dmc-runs-30-fps-on-consoles-according-to-capcom/

If you've played DMC4 you know Nero fights anywhere from 3 to 6 enemies at a time. I could only find screens of 2 enemies on Eurogamer, they offer the best quality captures so I stuck with that one. Bayonetta 2 seems to be doing the exactly the same.

Draw distance - yes, though its simulated. You cant run into that distance and explore it. Just like you cant explore Nepal in Uncharted 2 or the city in Final Fantasy XIII-2s boss fight.

More objects on screen- No, what objects?

The textures  are standard 7th gen fare. You cant argue about that in any way. Point out any screenshot or any scene in any footage of this game that proves otherwise. Theres no obvious difference like the difference in Most Wanted U for example.

Bayonetta 2 is 720p man. Have. You. Seen. The. Video? You can pause at literally any point and see them 720p jaggies

Limititng myself to DMC4 because its the only 720p60fps hack n slash game I know of bar Bayonetta 1. Again, a game from so early in the 7th gen can hold up so well to the U. And yet somehow the gap between the U and the X1/PS4 "isnt so big anymore".

Whats to stop me from saying the EXACT SAME thing about the PS3 and 360? The 360 has a tesselation engine afterall, it had a superset of Direct X 9.0c bringinig it close to DX10 (in theory). The PS3 could use its SPUs to pull off fast MLAA which until recently hadn't been used even in the PC space. I could point to The Last of Us and Beyond and scream "diminishing returns", that doesnt change a damn thing.

Why does the WiiU get a free pass despite being in the exact same performance level as the 7th gen HD twins? Because of no screen tearing? Because of nice splashes in Trine 2? Are you for real?

Like I said RAM will just allow for more scale (Bayo 2 uses) and better textures (which Bayo2 does not use). Same can be said for X. Fantastic scale, everything else is standard fare, will probably be 720p30fps. The WiiUs raw GPU horespower is in line with the 7th gen period.

It shows in mutiplats. It shows in first party games. It shows in HD remasters (Wind Waker vs ZOE). You cannot escape that simple fact.