By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When are you selling your PS3?

I've been thinking of getting rid of the ps3 since I don't really like having multiple consoles. However, I'm bored with my ps4, and there are still ps3 games I would like to play.

Do I just skip them (it's not like I'm going to play every game that takes my fancy) or do I play them while I wait for March/April?

Some of the games I would like to play are Ico/SotC, Dishonored, Sleeping Dogs, Dragon's Dogma, and Ni No Kuni.

Around the Network

I won't be. I only got it less than 2 months ago, I have an entire back catalogue to explore plus new releases to lookk forwards to like Dark Souls 2 and Persona 5 - my PS3 is going to keep getting used for many a year yet,

Not happening! I still have my original Playstation and my PS2 slim and they both work. I won't break up the family!

reggin_bolas said:

To those who have both a PS4 and PS3, when are you getting rid of your PS3? I recently did a huge switch; traded in my 360 and got both a PS3 and PS4. So far, I'm a bit disappointed in the PS3. It didn't exactly blow my cock away. I guess the big highlight for me was playing TLOU, the other exclusives I was looking forward to: dragon's crown, Tales of Xillia, and Ni No Kuni were so far below my expectations I traded them all in before finish. 

So, I'm thinking I will play South Park, Drakengard 3 before I seriously consider getting rid of it. I may wait for Persona 5 but I'm not holding my breath or anything. I've never played a persona game so I'm not sure it's worth holding on to my PS3.

So when are you going full next-gen? What are the last exclusives you want to play on your PS3? 

Why are you asking this odd question? Seems very silly to me. You shouldnt assume everyone is into selling their old stuff.

Im not selling my PS3 for some quick bucks, not ever, will keep it forever. Im not cash strapped and if I was I would find better ways to finance my needs than selling a cheap console.

only if ps now lets me play every ps3 game I have

mM
Around the Network

There way more use for your PS3 then PS4 atm, and if you don't care for graphics, there's watch dogs

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Persona 5 and the new Tales are worth keeping it around.

Especially Persona 5.

I'm a bit surprised at the overwhelming "never" for answers here. I used to hold on to stuff too, that's how I grew up. My father refused to sell anything or even throw stuff away.

I finally learned to let go though; as a practice in new age spirituality to counter the effects of materialism. I've made many mistakes, though. I've sold 2 PS3's in the past and I'm currently on my 3rd one. I've also re-bought many games I just wanted to play again like Eternal Sonata.

However, I've also earned quite a bit back. My entire PS4 was paid off for by store credit at Gamestop.

By trading your games and consoles you can earn quite a bit back. Not to profit or anything but it can definitely make your hobby cheaper. That's why I asked the question, my mindset is that it's common practice to sell and trade stuff to finance your hobby. 

reggin_bolas said:

I'm a bit surprised at the overwhelming "never" for answers here. I used to hold on to stuff too, that's how I grew up. My father refused to sell anything or even throw stuff away.

I finally learned to let go though; as a practice in new age spirituality to counter the effects of materialism. I've made many mistakes, though. I've sold 2 PS3's in the past and I'm currently on my 3rd one. I've also re-bought many games I just wanted to play again like Eternal Sonata.

However, I've also earned quite a bit back. My entire PS4 was paid off for by store credit at Gamestop.

By trading your games and consoles you can earn quite a bit back. Not to profit or anything but it can definitely make your hobby cheaper. That's why I asked the question, my mindset is that it's common practice to sell and trade stuff to finance your hobby. 

You recover 100 on the sale of a console you paid 300+ I can't see how that could be called saving, even more when you have made it 3 times... maybe you should change yours mathematic brain.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Never. Way too many games for it, plus more upcoming games. I have enough room for all my consoles in one place anyway.