By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: PS4> XBOX ONE during TITAN FALL launch

Will ps4 outsell xbox one during titan fall week?

ps4>xbox one 210 50.24%

xbox one>ps4 69 16.51%

xbox one => ps4 11 2.63%

xbox one = ps4 24 5.74%

ps4 will outsell xbox one... 104 24.88%

Total:418

The XB1 should out sell the PS4 in NA that week, but I think it will be very close in NA. Reason being TF won't push a $500 console more than 20k or so on launch week.
So between EU and NA I expect a 15-20k boots combined for TF launch week.
After that hype should fall.
Most people that want this game already own the XB1, PC or XB360.

Around the Network

Strange thing Amazon uk has next delivery of ps4 as March 11th bit far away lol, could Sony be going to flood the UK that week. If that's a sign of their intention it's even less likely Xbone will be close.

Proud owner of Ps4/3ds xl/pc/vita/wii u and others.

Gamer till I die

loy310 said:
The XB1 should out sell the PS4 in NA that week, but I think it will be very close in NA. Reason being TF won't push a $500 console more than 20k or so on launch week.
So between EU and NA I expect a 15-20k boots combined for TF launch week.
After that hype should fall.
Most people that want this game already own the XB1, PC or XB360.

the most ppl that want that game already has the console argument isn't wise to say though.. pppl  said most people who want a mgs4 already have a ps3, and ps3 sold a lot when mgs4 came out, but then again it was already an established franchise

mM

I doubt it; there's no compelling, competing software on the PS4.

I wouldn't be surprised if that happens. I don't think it will do it without Japan though.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
this thread was made because XBOX fans, are hyping titan fall to be the next halo or gears.. while a game like INFAMOUS.. which looks like it'll probably be one of if not the best looking game on console so far.. is being thrown off as.. okay who cares?

To be fair, its not just xbox fans, but actual game journalists as well that are doing this.  

As to your prediction, if you were to include japan i would say its possible, but without it?  I dont know.  I expect at least a 100k bump on titanfall launch week.  It will probably be somewhat close, but my guess is the x1 will surpass the ps4 on launch week, but not subsequent weeks.

I think this is pretty obvious? Hype for the PS4 is enormous, overblown or otherwise.

One game will hopefully provide a temporary and moderate boost to X1 sales, but it is a new IP.

Not a particularly bold prediction...

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Figgycal said:

Looking at recent vgchartz numbers I can only say that this is a very weak argument.

leo-j said:
this thread was made because XBOX fans, are hyping titan fall to be the next halo or gears.. while a game like INFAMOUS.. which looks like it'll probably be one of if not the best looking game on console so far.. is being thrown off as.. okay who cares?

So were not allowed to hype while losing? You can't be satisfied by just winning and you have to kick us while were down too?

This thread says much about PS fan culture.

Infamous never set the charts on fire on PS3. It isn't a new IP anymore. It just doesn't have the buzz. You will still enjoy it. It will still be a great game. Grow up.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

DerNebel said:
Figgycal said:

Looking at recent vgchartz numbers I can only say that this is a very weak argument.

This game is getting an incredible amount of buzz (wether you think it deserves that hype or not) and will no doubt increase sales of the console tremedously, while the PS4 remains stagnant.