By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NOWGAMER "Titanfall - Don't fall for the hype"

Blood_Tears said:
VitroBahllee said:
Sony fans are soooooo obsessed with 'proving' this game isn't good.

And Xbox fans are sooooo obsessed with "proving" it will be the game of the generation, so what's your point? 

It wont be exclusive to Microsoft on the consoles for long outside of the first game, so I don't know why they hype it up. I guess just because Microsoft paid for it, they must hype it up to the heavens. At least when Sony fans hype something up they more often than not know its fully exclusive.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Blood_Tears said:
VitroBahllee said:

And Xbox fans are sooooo obsessed with "proving" it will be the game of the generation, so what's your point? 

It wont be exclusive to Microsoft on the consoles for long outside of the first game, so I don't know why they hype it up. I guess just because Microsoft paid for it, they must hype it up to the heavens. At least when Sony fans hype something up they more often than not know its fully exclusive.

Idk I'm seeing a lot of Planetside 2 hype because it wont be on Xbox.

jlmurph2 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Blood_Tears said:
VitroBahllee said:

Thats f'n dumb. No offense to PC games but only some of them break through to the major console crowd. Planetside isn't Halo. Sony is terrible at picking outside exclusives. They are good at publishing and internally making their own games. Planetside is bad choice to be hyping up. This free to play thing is ridiculous to boot.

jlmurph2 said:
theprof00 said:

exactly, and you're mocking people he trolled.

How exactly am I mocking? Letting people know that they were being trolled by someone?

I didn't realize you were the type to put little digs in your posts innocently. Is that like one of those Italian-Bronx-story type things where you make fun of people because you love them? Because I was raised in an italian shithole, so I'm kinda the same myself and it would really help if I knew it was ok to talk to you like that. Like, the other day, when my friend was complaining and I said "I love this. I love sitting around, talking about stuff....but it sucks when another person comes along and starts acting like a whiny bitch. It really ruins the mood"

He didn't take any offense, he actually laughed and apologized and then we played vidya for a few hours and had fun.

Is that the kind of person you are? I think it's very personal and mature. Can I have that relationship with you?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
jlmurph2 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Blood_Tears said:
VitroBahllee said:

Thats f'n dumb. No offense to PC games but only some of them break through to the major console crowd. Planetside isn't Halo. Sony is terrible at picking outside exclusives. They are good at publishing and internally making their own games. Planetside is bad choice to be hyping up. This free to play thing is ridiculous to boot.

I agree

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
jlmurph2 said:
theprof00 said:

How exactly am I mocking? Letting people know that they were being trolled by someone?

I didn't realize you were the type to put little digs in your posts innocently. Is that like one of those Italian-Bronx-story type things where you make fun of people because you love them? Because I was raised in an italian shithole, so I'm kinda the same myself and it would really help if I knew it was ok to talk to you like that. Like, the other day, when my friend was complaining and I said "I love this. I love sitting around, talking about stuff....but it sucks when another person comes along and starts acting like a whiny bitch. It really ruins the mood"

He didn't take any offense, he actually laughed and apologized and then we played vidya for a few hours and had fun.

Is that the kind of person you are? I think it's very personal and mature. Can I have that relationship with you?

**Feels like he just walked in on something he wasn't meant to see, washes hands for ten minutes**

FlamingWeazel said:

http://www.nowgamer.com/xboxone/xbox-one-previews/2278944/titanfall_dont_fall_for_the_hype.html

One of numerous articles I have seen today, not all of the game media is digging titanfall. I think it looks fun but it won't be as big or importsant as some are making out. NUmerous times I have heard the mechs are really just an extension of being on foot (Mechs have been done before as well numerous times, mechwarrior for instance). It will be a success trhough no doubt.

The person discussing Titanfall most on the VGC forums, is you

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

VitroBahllee said:
theprof00 said:
jlmurph2 said:
theprof00 said:

**Feels like he just walked in on something he wasn't meant to see, washes hands for ten minutes**

only thing that shouldn't be seen here is that sig

theprof00 said:
jlmurph2 said:
theprof00 said:

I...I really don't understand...

I have a sinking feeling it is going to be exactly like CoD gameplay, and then they will annualize it, and children will keep buying the same crap in masses, and paying a second time for a premium pass, and buying DLC, and it will severely limit folks willing to take financial and development risks on new IP. Similar to what happened for the second half of last gen. That being said, I HOPE it is an awesome revolutionary game that changes the future of FPS and online gameplay.