By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One to be Sold in Japan in Limited Quantities

MS: "Xbox One coming to Japan!"

Japan:

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
Makes sense. Microsoft tried hard to get Japan to buy the 360. I remember them getting a bunch of exclusive JRPGs early on, and none of them worked. No point in even trying there anymore.

And I'm glad they did. The 360 seemed to have inspired Japanese devs to make some of the best JRPGs of the generation.

As long as some people that make great paint jobs for Forza games buy it I will be happy.

Fusioncode said:
Makes sense. Microsoft tried hard to get Japan to buy the 360. I remember them getting a bunch of exclusive JRPGs early on, and none of them worked. No point in even trying there anymore.

Oh they worked...for a very very short period of time, the problem was 3 months down the line the developers announced the title on the PS3 with more content, and that was for quite a few of those exclusives.  The timed exclusivity/gag order thing really hurt their image badly because people just ended up assuming that any exclusive anouncement would shortly be followed by the PS3 version w/ extra content.

There were a few good ones that I never got a chance to play though, buggers!

ktay95 said:
Fusioncode said:

If by that you mean none made the 360 worth it over PS3 than sure, but they did help 360 sales when they came out. The problem was they stopped coming and PS3 continued to get great JRPGs aswell as those Xbox exclusives

MS took this approach to all their games. The last exclusive new IP they had was Alan Wake. I love my 360 but they dropped the ball halfway through. I went with Sony because of that, and because it's the easiest machine to program for which clearly matters as we saw from last gen.

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
Fusioncode said:

Oh they worked...for a very very short period of time, the problem was 3 months down the line the developers announced the title on the PS3 with more content, and that was for quite a few of those exclusives.  The timed exclusivity/gag order thing really hurt their image badly because people just ended up assuming that any exclusive anouncement would shortly be followed by the PS3 version w/ extra content.

Lost Odyssey was and is the best one and that was released everywhere and can be enjoyed by almost anyone since it got six different language voice tracks: German, French, Italian, Japanese, Chinese and English.  The Enlish one is the best because it was used to lip-sync the characters.

Chris Hu said:
mornelithe said:
Fusioncode said:

Lost Odyssey was and is the best one and that was released everywhere and can be enjoyed by almost anyone since it got six different language voice tracks: German, French, Italian, Japanese, Chinese and English.  The Enlish one is the best because it was used to lip-sync the characters.

Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of.

method114 said:
ktay95 said:
Fusioncode said:

If by that you mean none made the 360 worth it over PS3 than sure, but they did help 360 sales when they came out. The problem was they stopped coming and PS3 continued to get great JRPGs aswell as those Xbox exclusives

MS took this approach to all their games. The last exclusive new IP they had was Alan Wake. I love my 360 but they dropped the ball halfway through. I went with Sony because of that, and because it's the easiest machine to program for which clearly matters as we saw from last gen.

I guess you never heard of Forza Horizon as much as I liked Alan Wake, Horizon is a much better game its actually the highest rated racing game released over the last two years both critically and by people that own it.

The game is dirt cheap you can get it almost anywhere in the US for less then $10 dollars in mint condition bought mine for around that much and it was near mint it only missed the instrution booklet.

For me XBOX ONE sold 1 milion in Jap in total, and 25/30 k the first week.